HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Holding William Barr and ...

Mon Jun 10, 2019, 10:55 AM

Holding William Barr and Don McGahn in Contempt Must Be Just the Beginning

House Democrats are about to hold the attorney general and former White House attorney in contempt. That isn’t the end of the justice road for them—it’s just the start.

Michael Tomasky
Special Correspondent
Updated 06.10.19 7:04AM ET Published 06.10.19 5:24AM ET

The insanity of these people knows no bounds. Did you see where Bill Barr compared himself to a first-wave D-Day soldier?

No, really. He said at the FBI Academy last Friday that watching the D-Day coverage had him reflecting that his return to the Justice Department in 2019 made him feel “a little bit, I think, like jumping into Sainte-Mère-Église on the morning of June 5, trying to figure out where you could land without getting shot.”

I can assure you that a Democrat who had hijacked such a solemn anniversary to employ that analogy would have been forced to apologize. It would have led cable news for two days. (And, by the way, June 5? They landed on June 6, which is kinda why June 6 is the anniversary. What am I missing here?)

Barr will get his on Tuesday, when the House Democrats vote to hold him and Don McGahn in contempt of Congress. Again, I think of the puerile depths to which this president has sunk us. Just as, a few years ago, no chief law enforcement officer of the United States—of either party—would have compared his own travails, no matter how arduous, to those of the men who were storming Omaha Beach; it’s also the case that a few years ago, for a Cabinet official and a high-ranking executive branch ex-official to be held in contempt of Congress over the same controversy would have been an extraordinary, stop-the-presses development.

more
https://www.thedailybeast.com/holding-william-barr-and-don-mcgahn-in-contempt-must-be-just-the-beginning?ref=home

3 replies, 398 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Holding William Barr and Don McGahn in Contempt Must Be Just the Beginning (Original post)
DonViejo Jun 10 OP
democratisphere Jun 10 #1
shockey80 Jun 10 #2
Grasswire2 Jun 10 #3

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Mon Jun 10, 2019, 11:01 AM

1. By the time this ends, every rethuglicon in Washington will be indicted

for for obstruction.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to democratisphere (Reply #1)

Mon Jun 10, 2019, 11:18 AM

2. By the time this ends our democracy may be ruined.

The majority of the American people simply do not care or don't know what is going on.

Reply to this post

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Mon Jun 10, 2019, 12:33 PM

3. It's been dropped now.

Some sort of agreement was reached.

Let's hope Nadler wasn't rolled. I'm not optimistic.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread