HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I DARE you not to laugh o...

Thu May 23, 2019, 11:16 AM

I DARE you not to laugh out loud at this tweet

I AM COMPLETELY CALM shouts Trump, as he runs around the west wing with a soup pot on his head and falls down a flight of stairs with his pants around his ankles

8 replies, 3567 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply I DARE you not to laugh out loud at this tweet (Original post)
StarfishSaver May 2019 OP
Sanity Claws May 2019 #1
pecosbob May 2019 #2
StarfishSaver May 2019 #3
emmaverybo May 2019 #4
StarfishSaver May 2019 #5
emmaverybo May 2019 #7
StarfishSaver May 2019 #8
Lifelong Protester May 2019 #6

Response to StarfishSaver (Original post)

Thu May 23, 2019, 11:21 AM

1. Haha. This tweet will set off another rage.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu May 23, 2019, 01:39 PM

2. Did anyone else notice the reply from Sandi Bachom? Check out her tweet thread

https://twitter.com/sandibachom

Some bigly upsetting stories coming out of the Federal Courthouse in Manhattan at the DeutscheBank hearing...

Reply to this post

Response to pecosbob (Reply #2)

Thu May 23, 2019, 02:01 PM

3. This isn't going to end well for Trump or his youngfolk

Judge Edgardo Ramos of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York appeared to agree. “Lots of people do things, they hide assets, they create dummy corporations, they put their relatives in charge,” the judge said in court before he issued his ruling.

Judge Ramos said he agreed with Mr. Trump’s claim that turning over financial records to Congress could cause him and his family irreparable harm. But, he said, the merits of the congressional committees’ goals outweighed that harm.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/business/deutsche-bank-trump-subpoena.amp.html

Reply to this post

Response to StarfishSaver (Reply #3)

Thu May 23, 2019, 03:12 PM

4. This is big. Wonder how long the appeal will take, and then, if Trump turned down, can he stop

the document release to congress by claiming executive privilege, and also stop bank officials from testifying?
If so, will these cases be fought all the way to Supreme? And, thus, go on for years, or can they be expedited?

Reply to this post

Response to emmaverybo (Reply #4)

Thu May 23, 2019, 03:39 PM

5. He can try to claim executive privilege but if he does, a judge is likely to bounce him out

There is no executive privilege claim that I can think of that would shield his financial records, especially those covering periods before he became president. Executive privilege protects communications between high government officials and their advisers in order to allow them to have frank and open discussions and to ensure their decisions are based on the best possible advice unencumbered by concerns that their deliberations will be exposed. I've tried, but can't come up with any valid basis for an executive privilege claim related to the financial records created when anyone was a private citizen.

Reply to this post

Response to StarfishSaver (Reply #5)

Thu May 23, 2019, 04:50 PM

7. Thank you, StarfishSaver!

Reply to this post

Response to emmaverybo (Reply #7)

Thu May 23, 2019, 05:01 PM

8. NP!

Reply to this post

Thu May 23, 2019, 04:26 PM

6. I laughed

out loud!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread