HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Jim Carrey fires back at ...

Tue May 21, 2019, 09:00 PM

Jim Carrey fires back at 'Joe McCarthy wanna-be' Cruz

Actor Jim Carrey dug into his public feud with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Tuesday, posting one of his trademark political paintings on Twitter that closely resembles Cruz with the words “Some Greasy Joe McCarthy Wanna-Be” at the top.

?s=20

The painting is a continuation of the two men’s contentious Twitter exchange, with Cruz just a day before ripping Carrey’s previous painting depicting Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R) as a fetus he suggests should have been aborted after she signed into law a near-total abortion ban in the state.

In his post criticizing Carrey, Cruz wrote “instead of insults & dehumanizing rage, we should return to civility,” a line Carrey took a shot at in his painting of Cruz.

?s=20

Carrey also wrote, “I thought I must be dreaming, but I haven't woken up yet. I guess this hypocrisy is the new American Dream.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/444910-jim-carrey-fires-back-at-joe-mccarthy-wanna-be-ted-cruz

3 replies, 1839 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jim Carrey fires back at 'Joe McCarthy wanna-be' Cruz (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin May 21 OP
Skittles May 21 #1
BootinUp May 21 #2
BigmanPigman May 21 #3

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Tue May 21, 2019, 09:12 PM

1. LOVE IT

Mr. Carrey aptly showcases the utter hypocrisy of Cruz, heck, of the entire repuke party

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue May 21, 2019, 09:17 PM

2. Don't stop Jim. Nt

Reply to this post

Tue May 21, 2019, 10:17 PM

3. I thought McConnell was the current McCarthy wanna-be.

Both think they are the leader of the free world and can dictate their own rules of law.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread