HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Alabama, Georgia and Ohio...

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:12 PM

Alabama, Georgia and Ohio have some us a favor

For years the "pro-life" crowd has insisted that pro-choice Americans were overreacting, that we were mischaracterizing their motives, that they weren't trying to overturn Roe v. Wade but "just" wanted to apply "reasonable" restrictions.

Although we knew they were lying, many moderate Republicans, especially women, bought it and voted accordingly.

Now everyone can see they were full of crap and that they were lied to and played like fiddles.

This surely will have some impact in 2020. Certainly, many of these people will stick to their delusional attachment to the GOP,. but just as surely, some of them will recoil and peel off.

3 replies, 576 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Alabama, Georgia and Ohio have some us a favor (Original post)
EffieBlack May 2019 OP
k8conant May 2019 #1
kimbutgar May 2019 #2
D_Master81 May 2019 #3

Response to EffieBlack (Original post)

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:24 PM

1. I don't think it's a favor...

when things get so much worse.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:31 PM

2. Today I sent a check to planned parenthood.

It came in the mail and I wrote a check immediately. All because of alabama. Something tells me planned parenthood is going to get major donations in the next few months.

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:37 PM

3. Its my opinion

that the GOP sees this as a "devine" moment and that it may cost them an election or 2, but they are maneuvering to have hard right policies and judges in place that will keep their agenda going for a generation.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread