HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Connecticut radio station...

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:03 AM

Connecticut radio station WDRC rebrands itself as 'Trump 103.3' in 'ultra conservative' talk format

Few people work harder than Donald Trump when it comes to self promotion, but now Connecticut radio station WDRC is doing it for him, rebranding itself as “Trump Radio."

The station’s brass is touting the new “ultra conservative talk" format — which is expected to be temporary — as the “brave new voice of freedom.” The station’s lineup includes Lee Elci, Brad Davis, Mike Gallagher, commentary from Bill O’Reilly and Ben Shapiro.

[link:https://www.courant.com/politics/hc-pol-wdrc-trump-radio-20190515-l73gdcbjfrdn3gmb6eucf2c35a-story.html|

Then you've got this: Florida radio stations will run Trump speeches on tape loop through 2020 election

Radio stations in Florida plan to run twice-an-hour snippets of what it calls President Trump’s “inspirational” speech pledging to rebuild the region slammed by Hurricane Michael.

“We ran it by a bunch of listeners and people in the area, and nobody’s upset about it. It’s Republican territory,” owner Samuel Rogatinsky told the Orlando Sentinel. “Nobody’s offended by it. It’s not an issue.”

][link:https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/05/15/florida-radio-stations-will-run-trump-speeches-on-tape-loop-through-2020-election/23726896/|

17 replies, 621 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 17 replies Author Time Post
Reply Connecticut radio station WDRC rebrands itself as 'Trump 103.3' in 'ultra conservative' talk format (Original post)
blondebanshee May 16 OP
The Genealogist May 16 #1
SummerSnow May 16 #2
C_U_L8R May 16 #3
NewJeffCT May 16 #12
tanyev May 16 #4
Afromania May 16 #5
NewJeffCT May 16 #6
zipplewrath May 16 #7
Iliyah May 16 #8
Initech May 16 #9
muntrv May 16 #10
Hortensis May 16 #11
blondebanshee May 16 #13
Liberal In Texas May 16 #14
Name removed May 16 #15
AJT May 16 #16
ChoppinBroccoli May 16 #17

Response to blondebanshee (Original post)

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:07 AM

1. Brave new voice of freedom, eh?

Where is hhe bravery in worshippimg an aspiring dictator? That is cowardice.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:08 AM

2. Propaganda radio 24 hours a day. Sad that people have become desensitized to this stuff

Reply to this post

3. That'll be a short-lived rebrand

Reply to this post

Response to C_U_L8R (Reply #3)

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:23 AM

12. Back in 2008 after Obama won

radio station WTIC AM 1080 - a 50,000 watt station - canned their two left of center hosts and went full right wing. Hartford Courant columnist and humorist Colin McEnroe was their top rated host and was canned. The morning show had Ray Dunaway (RWer, but reasonably sane) and Diane Smith (moderately left of center) as sort of a Joe & Mika for radio, but they canned Smith and had Dunaway go solo.

What was great about McEnroe was he was smart and funny and a great antidote coming on right after Limbaugh.

The station is still right wing.

Reply to this post

4. They might want to read this first.

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:09 AM

5. Why do these people want to worship something so badly?

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:12 AM

6. They were already pretty conservative

so, going extreme RW it seems. I can picture the guy that was their most public face for decades was very right wing, but forget his name. Brad Davis maybe?

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:12 AM

7. Pull the licenses

Trump would never do as such, but these stations have public licenses and they aren't supposed to do this.

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:13 AM

8. Marching orders from the extreme RWers . .

must be worried. The Republicans continue to truly piss off majority of America.

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:16 AM

9. Brave new voice of freedom? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

That's a good one!!!

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:17 AM

10. Pravda USA.

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:21 AM

11. Der Leader...

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:29 AM

13. I find this to be absolutely frightening!

Between Trump TV (Fox) and radio, it's a powerful recruiting tool for his propaganda campaigns.

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:30 AM

14. Ramping up the propaganda ahead of 2020.

Some rich entity is funding this, I can't imagine these stations could support themselves with advertising.

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 09:56 AM

16. The end of the Fairness Doctrine during the 80s and the rise of

rightwing talk radio and television have been a major reason we are where we are now. This may seem funny, but it's not, it's dangerous.

Reply to this post

Thu May 16, 2019, 10:05 AM

17. What Happened To That Huge Chunk Of The Republican Party That SWORE They'd Never Support Trump?

Every last one of them has not only fallen in line, but are now drooling ballwashers for Trump. Which only proves once and for all that Republicans have no soul, no backbone, and no integrity. Their one and only "value" is winning (or as they call it, "owning the libs". Which is why I've been saying more and more often lately that if the Republican Party told their voters that dogshit was pancakes, they'd all gleefully reach for the syrup and talk about how tasty it is.

I had people in my own family (well, my wife's family--who are all bed-wetting Republicans) who swore up and down that they couldn't vote for or support Trump. My Bush-can-do-no-wrong father-in-law insisted he wasn't going to vote because he couldn't vote for "that bastard Trump." Now he not only supports Trump, he's sending money to his re-election campaign. What happened to principled Republicans who actually believed in things and stood up for them? Because there certainly aren't any in Congress, and I've met very few out here in "the real world." They apparently only believe in one thing: fall in line behind Dear Leader and await orders.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread