HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » With or without the Senat...

Wed May 15, 2019, 02:36 PM

With or without the Senate Republicans,

Is their anything Trump could do that would trigger immediate impeachment hearings? An unprovoked attack on Iran? Withdrawal from NATO, temporarily suspending civil rights, canceling the 2020 election? Is anyone preparing a response for such scenarios?

I am starting to worry that we are living through what the German Wiemar Republic failed to do to stop the Nazis.

Trump and his officials shit all over the constitution and we issue more letters and extend deadlines...

3 replies, 442 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply With or without the Senate Republicans, (Original post)
ETStevens Wednesday OP
Initech Wednesday #1
ETStevens Wednesday #2
Initech Wednesday #3

Response to ETStevens (Original post)

Wed May 15, 2019, 02:42 PM

1. No there's absolutely nothing.

Trump and the GOP have declared themselves above the law, above rhyme, reason and sanity. Anything we attempt to do will only make them stronger. The only thing we can do is vote them out, at every single level of power. Doesn't matter if it's a national office or a local one. Vote them all out.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Initech (Reply #1)

Wed May 15, 2019, 02:51 PM

2. But they will cheat and we have no plan to counter it!

Reply to this post

Response to ETStevens (Reply #2)

Wed May 15, 2019, 03:03 PM

3. Oh of course they will.

Just look at Georgia and Florida last year - the only way conservatives got into office was by cheating, lying, and stealing. There's no way Ron DeSantis and Brian Kemp should be in office right now. It infuriates me that we have no plan to counter their cheating and stealing. I hope at some point the tide will turn and we'll start electing more dems into office and then we can go after these crooks.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread