HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Washington ranked as top ...

Wed May 15, 2019, 06:31 AM

Washington ranked as top state, Louisiana, Alabama last in US News rankings

A new U.S. News & World Report ranking published Tuesday named Washington the best state to live and Louisiana the worst.

The list determined that Washington, New Hampshire and Minnesota are the best states while Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana are the worst.

The list factored in states' health care, education, economy, infrastructure, public safety, opportunity and the fiscal stability of its state government, among other factors.

It also gave each factor different weight depending on how much respondents to a survey said they mattered. Health care and education were given the greatest weight.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/443544-washington-ranked-as-top-state-louisiana-alabama-last-in-us?amp&__twitter_impression=true

I was stationed at Fort Lewis. Washington is a really great state. I would love to go back.

2 replies, 351 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Washington ranked as top state, Louisiana, Alabama last in US News rankings (Original post)
JonLP24 Wednesday OP
underpants Wednesday #1
rogerashton Wednesday #2

Response to JonLP24 (Original post)

Wed May 15, 2019, 06:52 AM

1. We're #7!!!!!

Take THAT Nebraska !

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JonLP24 (Original post)

Wed May 15, 2019, 07:11 AM

2. Having lived in both Louisiana and Washington

when I was much younger, I would say that nothing much has changed in 50 years.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread