HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'Let's go, keg stand!': F...

Tue May 14, 2019, 11:50 PM

'Let's go, keg stand!': Fraternity under investigation after forcing puppy to drink beer

The small caramel-colored dog with floppy ears stands on a table and wags its tail. Then, a voice commands, “Go.”

In one swift movement, the man gripping the dog by its midsection lifts it up and turns it upside down over a silver keg.
Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post

“Let’s go, keg stand!” someone bellows as another man holds a black tap near the dog’s mouth. The now-squirming canine kicks its paws in the air. Suddenly, a stream of foamy liquid squirts from the tap, hitting the dog in its face.

A grinning bystander doubles over and covers his mouth. Someone else lets out a loud peal of laughter.

But the incident, which was captured on video and shared to social media over the weekend, wasn’t funny to the Nassau County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals or to Hofstra University administrators.

The Long Island university confirmed Monday that it suspended its chapter of Alpha Epsilon Pi pending the results of an investigation after the five-second clip purportedly involving some of the fraternity’s members prompted fierce backlash. The video, which had been viewed more than 100,000 times on Twitter as of early Tuesday, also caught the attention of the Nassau County SPCA, leading the organization to launch its own investigation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lets-go-keg-stand-fraternity-under-investigation-after-forcing-puppy-to-drink-beer/ar-AABlgMU?ocid=spartanntp

7 replies, 372 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Let's go, keg stand!': Fraternity under investigation after forcing puppy to drink beer (Original post)
yortsed snacilbuper Tuesday OP
rusty quoin Wednesday #1
dalton99a Wednesday #2
Initech Wednesday #3
MagickMuffin Wednesday #4
emmaverybo Wednesday #5
mr_lebowski Wednesday #6
emmaverybo Wednesday #7

Response to yortsed snacilbuper (Original post)

Wed May 15, 2019, 12:06 AM

1. Oooh...that is cruel...the very definition of cruelty.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed May 15, 2019, 12:08 AM

2. Goddamn assholes

Reply to this post

Wed May 15, 2019, 12:36 AM

3. I've known dogs that can drink beer, but it was voluntary.

These guys are just dicks.

Reply to this post

Wed May 15, 2019, 12:52 AM

4. What or Who else have they done this to?

They aren't right in the head!!!

Reply to this post

Wed May 15, 2019, 01:04 AM

5. Sick and sickening. I hope puppy survived. They forceably poisoned a helpless, trusting creature.

Reply to this post

Wed May 15, 2019, 01:31 AM

6. Sounds a bit like puppy waterboarding ...

How much of a DICK (I assume it's still okay to use this word on DU?) does one have to be to take part in something like this?

Whether it was beer or water, this is animal torture.

Sounds like some assholes need to be expelled, pronto, and with extreme prejudice ...

Reply to this post

Response to mr_lebowski (Reply #6)

Wed May 15, 2019, 01:56 AM

7. Oh God, I hadn't even thought of that obvious horror. Poor little being. May he find home. I

worked in a rescue shelter and two young guys came when we were closed with their college sweatshirts insisting while smirking that I let them in to see some dogs. I just smelled something. It was all off. I was the only person on duty.
Yeah, young monsters.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread