HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Recall: Thousands of meat...

Tue Apr 9, 2019, 03:16 PM

Recall: Thousands of meat-stuffed sandwiches may be stuffed with plastic

ASHEVILLE, N.C. – A North Carolina company, J & J Snack Foods Handhelds Corp., has recalled nearly 60,000 pounds of frozen, stuffed-sandwich products.

An April 5 report from the United States Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service said the sandwiches may be contaminated with semi-transparent plastic. The items were shipped to retail locations nationwide.

The manufacturer discovered the problem after consumer complaints, though there have been no reports of injury or illness.

The stuffed sandwiches were produced Feb. 19-20. The following products are subject to recall:

Nine-ounce carton packages containing two stuffed pepperoni sandwiches with “Bremer Classic Pepperoni Pizza Hot Stuffed Sandwiches,” and best if used by dates of “Aug. 12 2020” or “Aug. 13 2020,” on the label.

Nine-ounce carton packages containing two ham and cheese sandwiches with “Bremer Classic Ham and Cheese Hot Stuffed Sandwiches” and best if used by dates of “Aug. 12 2020,” or “Aug. 13 2020,” on the label.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/04/08/bremer-recall-frozen-meat-sandwiches-usda-nc-made/3398786002/

2 replies, 539 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Recall: Thousands of meat-stuffed sandwiches may be stuffed with plastic (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Apr 9 OP
MineralMan Apr 9 #1
customerserviceguy Apr 9 #2

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Tue Apr 9, 2019, 03:37 PM

1. Dude, my beagle/basset mix, ate an entire sandwich

I stupidly left on a low table. It was wrapped in plastic cling film. He suffered no ill effects, and I bagged the poop with the plastic in it the next day. However, I went without lunch, for which I said to him, "Bad dog!" He looked suitable sheepish, so I patted him on the head. He wagged his tail and all was forgiven.

I suspect that people can pass small bits of plastic, undigested, as well. I'd rather not, but, I'm sure I've ingested some plastic now and then during my long life.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MineralMan (Reply #1)

Tue Apr 9, 2019, 03:40 PM

2. Pliable plastic is one thing

I'm curious to know exactly what form of plastic went into these Hot Pockets knockoffs. Shards of sharp plastic from a part of a machine used to cut the product or its components during the manufacturing process would be another thing entirely.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread