HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan holds ...

Sat Apr 6, 2019, 08:03 PM

Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan holds rally in downtown Youngstown

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Yonnie3 (a host of the General Discussion forum).

I hope this is in the right forum....

YOUNGSTOWN

U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan said he’s running for president to bring the country together.

During a Saturday rally in downtown Youngstown on West Federal Street, Ryan said: “If there is one value I will bring to the highest office in the land, when I wake up, is going to be how today can I use every ounce of power this office has to help ordinary people do something extraordinary. That’s my pledge to you.”

About 500 people attended the first local event for Ryan of Howland, D-13th, since he announced his presidential candidacy Thursday.

On Saturday, Ryan repeated a message of unity he’s used since officially announcing his campaign two days earlier.

“We stand here today on April 6, 2019, a divided country as you know,” he said. “We’ve been divided for a long time and that division has prevented us from being able to be the best that we can possibly be.”

He added: “If we are not united, we are not going to be able to fix the structural problems we have in the United States. I’m running for president first and foremost to bring this country back together. A divided country is a weak country.”

Ryan said there are politicians who try to put people into “one box or the other. You can’t be for business and for labor. You can’t be for border security and immigration reform, right? You can’t be for cities and rural. You can’t be for the North and the South. You can’t be for men and women. I’m tired of having to choose. I want us to come together as a country.”

Ryan said he would “pledge to you that every time I walk downstairs to the Oval Office that you and your needs and your concerns and your worries will be my worries.”

Ryan said he wants to bring the values he has from being born and raised in the Mahoning Valley to the White House.

“Just maybe the person that can help heal these wounds is a working-class kid from a working-class family from a working-class community who will work his rear end off for the American people,” he said. Ryan is a Niles native.

More: http://www.vindy.com/news/2019/apr/06/ryan-says-he-seeks-united-nation/

3 replies, 271 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan holds rally in downtown Youngstown (Original post)
Ohiogal Apr 6 OP
mahina Apr 6 #1
brooklynite Apr 6 #2
Yonnie3 Apr 6 #3

Response to Ohiogal (Original post)

Sat Apr 6, 2019, 08:07 PM

1. Primary forum

Am I going to get dinged for calling him a Dino dope now that he’s announced? Is he a Democratic figure now, or still just an anti-Pelosi troll?

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Apr 6, 2019, 08:14 PM

2. He's a Democratic candidate for President..this belongs in the Democratic Primaries forum.

Sat Apr 6, 2019, 09:06 PM

3. Locking ...

Please post about the Democratic Primaries and the candidates in the Democratic Primaries Forum.

Details are in this announcement.