HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » United we Stand divided w...

Tue Apr 2, 2019, 10:55 AM

United we Stand divided we fall

Sound corny?
That's what we need to do. There's a dim light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not being a Pollyanna here. I know this isn't a Disney movie what's going on in this Country right now.
Some is media related. You must kind of trust then verify.
All this 'Economic resentment' might have some bits of truth to it. Most people that research these things say that's contrary to the truth. It's 'Racial resentment' 89% of Trump voters were employed an average of 14% higher than non-trump voters.
The media doesn't like to discuss the racism in this country. It's uncomfortable. Republicans have been using 'Racial resentment' to win elections. They have been winning too.

Young people are less racist and homophobic than older people. Not saying anything against old people, I'm an old person too. I listen to young people. The majority of which think trump's a monster. Young people will be a huge voting block come this election.

Hillary had tremendous odds working against her. Besides the obvious Russian interference, she had to deal with 'Racial resentment' the white back lash to a black president. A lot of misogyny that still exist in this country. She overcame those odds and won the vote of the people of this country. She deserves applause for such a major achievement. No woman has got this far before.

Thank you Hillary for your courage and conviction to help us move forward. Thank you, thank you very much!

There will be a lot less of those barriers for the next election. My brother voted for trump. It shocked me. He had been a Democrat his whole life. I was never ugly with him about it. I love him so much. I just said do you realize how dangerous and destructive this man is? He e-mailed me the other day and said "Trump sure turned out to be a waco, but you already knew that, didn't you sis?"

So I'm just giving you all a pep talk. After all what do I know? I'm just a little old defenseless hillbilly woman.
Keep the faith DU. Together we will STAND! Every boy girl woman and man. "Now let's all work together and make life worth wild"

2 replies, 530 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply United we Stand divided we fall (Original post)
grannyokie Apr 2019 OP
marble falls Apr 2019 #1
grannyokie Apr 2019 #2

Response to grannyokie (Original post)

Tue Apr 2, 2019, 10:57 AM

1. United we stand ...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to marble falls (Reply #1)

Tue Apr 2, 2019, 11:11 AM

2. Howdy

Reply to this post