HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » a few thoughts regarding ...

Mon Mar 25, 2019, 07:17 AM

a few thoughts regarding the shock some people seem to be experiencing re the SCO report

People seem to me to be unduly surprised that the Republican AG, who was explicitly and unapologetically put in place to protect the GOP's interests, appears to be trying to whitewash and suppress the information/evidence that was gathered by the Special Counsel's Office--as if people were literally expecting the report to come out, and then a couple minutes later to see fuckface and his whole family marched off in handcuffs; as if the "authorities" would come to their senses and suddenly start working to protect the interests of the American people and the integrity of our nation, thus reversing a longstanding trend of those in power protecting capital first and foremost, and the interests and wellbeing of the people only when those objectives align with the needs of capital--as if the whole system wasn't essentially set up to keep the little people in their place, and keep extracting value from them in order to increase the concentration of wealth and power in the hands of the already obscenely rich.

the Republicans have thoroughly investigated themselves and found no wrongdoing--and this is a surprise?

Let's be clear--nobody is going to come to our rescue. Nobody is going to save us. We are going to have to do it ourselves.

I will be very happy to be wrong about this over the coming weeks/months--maybe enough Republicans in the Senate will have some kind of change of heart (ha...well, maybe more like some kind of change in their political calculus that leads them to see the orange wannabe dictator as a liability), and enough information will come to light that people in general will come around to the point of view that this asshole needs to go.

But I mean really, it's more or less longstanding common knowledge that the motherfucker is a racist, misogynist, lying sack of shit who has been in cahoots with the Russian mob for decades, and other criminals before that, and his unfitness for the office has been evident in basically everything he has said or done from the very beginning of this nightmare...and enough of the American population of brainwashed self-oppressing automatons don't give a shit, they voted for him anyway and continue to support him--it's clear that these people's minds will not be changed by any evidence whatsoever, so the report was always basically meaningless from that perspective anyway.

And, the same can be said for the Republican-controlled Senate and much of the federal court system. Even if there is pretty clear evidence of crimes, they've made it clear from the start that they won't indict a sitting president (of course, what they mean is, they don't care what someone has done if they are a Republican, there is literally no crime they are not willing to overlook) so at the end of the day, what other result should we have expected besides what is happening?

I guess my point is, I would ask of all of you not to feel disheartened. It is shocking to see how blatantly these assholes continue to disregard the rule of law and the basic ideals that are supposed to be the foundation of our Republic, but the fight was always going to be a long and difficult one, and nothing that could potentially play out with respect to the SCO report was ever going to change that.

Steel yourselves; take a deep breath and remember, nothing has fundamentally changed, and we should see this as a clarification as to what we're really up against.

Resist.

6 replies, 781 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply a few thoughts regarding the shock some people seem to be experiencing re the SCO report (Original post)
anarch Mar 25 OP
Iliyah Mar 25 #1
EndGOPPropaganda Mar 25 #2
Hortensis Mar 25 #3
secondwind Mar 25 #4
Buzz Lightyear Mar 25 #5
Hortensis Mar 25 #6

Response to anarch (Original post)

Mon Mar 25, 2019, 07:29 AM

1. I wasn't too

surprised about Barr. That is why t-rump selected him and that is way the Republicans with I believe two Democrats confirmed him.

Seems like from recent history, Republican presidents alongwith their party tend to be more corrupt and lawless. Repeat and rinse.

t-rump is the absolute worst. The present Republican party is absolutely the worst. Corporate media and hate radio is bad, and they do not care about Democracy.

Republicans will do their best in suppressing the votes with help of foreign countries and like 2016, will troll the airwaves, internet and social media.

Democrats and people who care and love our country will have to come out in huge numbers and vote them out.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Mar 25, 2019, 07:31 AM

2. Yes

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 25, 2019, 07:36 AM

3. "Steel yourselves ... deep breath ... nothing has fundamentally changed."

Yes. We needed a victory to shake the conviction of the right. The battle for our nation continues, but then it would have anyway.

For just one indication of what we're up against, last night 60 Minutes opened with Scott Pelley making a very brief special announcement: The Mueller investigation EXONERATED Trump.

No mistake. 60 Minutes is a disinformation manipulator for the right.

Reply to this post

Response to Hortensis (Reply #3)

Mon Mar 25, 2019, 08:08 AM

4. 😧

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 25, 2019, 08:10 AM

5. It's not the Mueller report. It's the Barr letter

Bare letter.

Reply to this post