HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » COULD SOMEONE "LEAK" THE ...

Sun Mar 24, 2019, 10:40 PM

COULD SOMEONE "LEAK" THE MUELLER REPORT ..... to make it public.

copy the report and mail it off to a newspaper or cable tv host ???

13 replies, 1103 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to trueblue2007 (Original post)

Sun Mar 24, 2019, 10:48 PM

1. Yes, Malcolm Nance said that if this were to happen

that he is 100% sure someone will be dropping the report at the doorstep of The NYTimes. I trust Malcolm.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Mar 24, 2019, 10:57 PM

2. People are you listening? Leak the report

Reply to this post

Sun Mar 24, 2019, 10:59 PM

3. As cruddy as GOPers are, Barr will have a hard time concealing report. Doubt it's

going to change anything.

Reply to this post

Response to Hoyt (Reply #3)

Sun Mar 24, 2019, 11:19 PM

4. for us to read the TRUTH ..... COULD CHANGE EVERYTHING. Esp if Barr lied or missreported

Reply to this post

Response to trueblue2007 (Reply #4)

Sun Mar 24, 2019, 11:24 PM

5. I am doubtful Barr would lie about something that easy to check. In any event,

I think the report will be released, one way or the other.

We can spend the next 19 months arguing about it, or prepare for the election. I think the latter is the better choice, at this point. It is unlikely we will remove trump from office early.

Reply to this post

Response to Hoyt (Reply #5)

Mon Mar 25, 2019, 04:57 AM

10. Yup, the report will come out and the Pubs know it

Expect the report to be loaded with more dirt, but I don't expect any bombshells in it. If there were bombshells we would have seen more indictments

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 25, 2019, 06:02 AM

12. I'm not convinced of that.

Maybe I'm being overly cynical. Barr was part of an administration that made Iran Contra go away. This is what he does. As an aside, defending 45 is a slap in the face to the Bush family. Anyway, my point is there is no real consequence for him lying.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 25, 2019, 06:23 AM

13. It's not just about lying

What you extrapolate from hundreds of pages, maybe different from what I do. Your opinion on Mueller's intent maybe different from mine and even Mueller himself. Plus how did he clear Trump of obstruction of justice in one day?
So far we only have Barr's opinion/summary/omissions. I believe Barr is full of shit. I am not doubtful he would lie. We need the full report plus Mueller, Rosenstein and Barr before congress.
Also, most of us are capable of focusing on more than one thing. In any case, corrupt Trump will use the Barr summary as a weapon in 2020. We cannot just ignore it.

Reply to this post

Sun Mar 24, 2019, 11:40 PM

6. The number of people who have access to the report is a pretty f-ing small list

and the DOJ/FBI is pretty good at identifying documents. So they would almost certainly be identified, fired, and -- most relevant for deterrence purposed -- prosecuted.

Is it possible? I guess. Likely? Not as much. Most people who have access to the report probably also understand the various ways it could see the light of day that don't involve self-immolation and are counting on one of those routes (primarily Congress getting their hands on it or recreating the main points via hearings, or the next POTUS/AG releasing it) and prefer one of those options.

Reply to this post

Response to RockRaven (Reply #6)

Mon Mar 25, 2019, 03:58 AM

8. As much as Trump smeared them you have see that the FBI/DOJ is in the tank for the GOP

It was all a tatic to discredit not only the Mueller report but every other investigation of Trump and family going forward.

Right now, the only thing to hope for is divine intervention.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 25, 2019, 03:46 AM

7. Is there a left wing WikiLeaks that can hack the report?

That would almost be the most preferable way. Some shadowy offshore hacking group gets the report and releases it.

Reply to this post

Response to BluegrassDem (Reply #7)

Mon Mar 25, 2019, 04:04 AM

9. sounds good to me. lets start a Go Fund Me account to pay for their services !!!!!! Just kidding

Reply to this post

Response to BluegrassDem (Reply #7)

Mon Mar 25, 2019, 05:43 AM

11. Yes!

Why not, because apparently it is not illegal to call for someone to do such hacking and publish the results, right?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread