HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » What? Mueller report NOT ...

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 08:22 AM

What? Mueller report NOT imminent? Ya don't say...

Not so fast: Mueller still investigating pivotal Russia probe issues
https://news.yahoo.com/not-fast-mueller-still-investigating-pivotal-russia-probe-110321830.html
(Reuters) - The timing of the release of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russia's role in the 2016 U.S. election is a major topic of discussion in Washington, with the disclosure of the findings expected to be a seismic event in American politics.

Mueller himself has been silent throughout the probe, but his team has provided clues that prosecutors are still working on key issues, an indication he may not be ready to submit the report to Attorney General William Barr imminently.

Representatives of key congressional committees involved in their own Trump-related probes have said they have received no guidance from Mueller's office regarding his investigation's progress or future plans.

16 replies, 973 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Roland99 (Original post)

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 08:30 AM

1. Seems like every week there is an article stating

that "soon" Mueller's investigation will conclude and a final report is forthcoming.

Then you have shithole every day claiming no conclusion and then you have Manafort attorney(s) continue to lie about what the judge said. Ya think the lawyers would be held accountable for lying on camera.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 08:34 AM

2. Andrew Weissmann leaving is significant.

Reply to this post

Response to watoos (Reply #2)

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 09:26 AM

9. Others have left in the past too and everyone thought that was a signal

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 08:38 AM

3. I fear that there will be a stall to get the Republicans past the 2020 election

If we get much closer, there will be a movement to delay any release until after 2020.

After all, wouldn't it be the utmost in irony that an investigation into influencing an election would be politically charged for influencing an election.

It could come directly from the Mueller team not wanting to enter the election fray.

More likely, I see Mueller issuing whenever it is ready. Then Barr plays coy and delays the release with excuses like vetting for top secret information. I don't think that they will be able to bury it completely but I do think they will try to delay it to the least damaging time. I fear we are entering a time frame where that could slide into post-2020. And you know the entire Republican Party will back them with crocodile tears about the sanctity of democracy.

Reply to this post

Response to genxlib (Reply #3)

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 08:46 AM

4. I fear the same.

'We dont want to Comey another election" (as if they give a rip.) and the election ends up getting rigged by 'happenstance' and boom...4 more years. It needs to pop...like yesterday.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 08:46 AM

5. Ken Dilanian, Michael Isikoff and Shimon Prokupecz should resign

For the most important and consequential investigation in the history of the country, these three have peddled Trump propaganda to the American people, changing American's perceptions about when the report is due. They should resign.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 08:52 AM

6. How about a damn press conference Mueller?

I mean, 340 million Americans want to know. It's time to break the Omerta.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 09:05 AM

7. Tomorrow is the day. and if not tomorrow then the next day, then again it could be next week, or

next month, next year, next decade, next century....

This is almost better than the OJ trial or the Iran Hostage Crisis, day 5 million and thirty one.

SNL had a parody with Eddie Murphy in the eighties which highlighted where the direction of the media was heading in the most bizarre and morbid way:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/john-david-stutts/n9083

Reply to this post

Response to still_one (Reply #7)

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 09:47 AM

10. I'm beginning(?) to believe the whole Mueller thing is a delaying tactic for Congress to act

Last edited Thu Mar 14, 2019, 10:54 AM - Edit history (2)

and not make it a Comey type situation...as if that fricken matters. Only the Ds suffer from thinghs like Comey. The repubs get to perfectly plan their elections so they keep JUST enough power to bullox things up. Sort of like the "political question" used by the SC to not hear cases...kinda. But, different.
With Speaker Pelosi saying no impeachment urgency, I think Mueller will be fine not fluffing gop feathers. Hard to imagine he hasn't gotten even ONE charge for this president. One? So we can get this started. At this point an average citizen can put together a prima facie case just watching TRMS. Two whole years w all the money he can use and all the prosecutors he needs. Come ON man. How about Felonious Uttering......tsk tsk. (After yesterdays no collusion etc) Dereliction of duty? Failure to secure the Homeland from enemy attack? They haven't even done anything about the voting boxes except get ivanka a patent for even shadier ones out of China.
The Ds always suffer bc we play by the rules. When the other side (us) plays by the rules, it's easy to plan to cheat us bc we are routinely predictable.
of course...all of the above is just an opinion. Stated for your reading edification and perusal. Take what is interesting leave the rest...and always remember...when I type, I speak for myself, and sometimes go for a small laugh. It's just IMHO.

Reply to this post

Response to Chin music (Reply #10)

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 10:42 AM

11. I don't think Mueller plays games. As for the Democrats I don't think it is a matter of playing by

the rules, it is a matter of lining up the facts and evidence, and getting it right.

Reply to this post

Response to still_one (Reply #11)

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 10:48 AM

12. I hear ya.

It was an opinion....I'll edit it so I don't piss people off......ahem. Just MHO.
Just conjecture and I thought the average reader could take it for what it is. None of what you said is excluded by my post except the time factor.

Reply to this post

Response to Chin music (Reply #12)

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 10:54 AM

13. We are having a dialog. There was nothing you said that should upset people. We all have our

opinions. That is a good thing

Reply to this post

Response to still_one (Reply #13)

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 09:30 PM

14. I appreciate that.

Thank you.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 09:21 AM

8. If Mueller wants to be dramatic, tomorrow is the ides of March.

The day Julius Caesar was assassinated.

Reply to this post

Response to Kablooie (Reply #8)

Sat Mar 16, 2019, 09:39 PM

16. The Ides of March seem to be in the rear view mirror.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 11:46 PM

15. I expect it to happen on something ironic....that will cause everyone's hair rip out.......

....like, Louise Mench tweeting it comes out X-day...and it does.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread