HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump, Boeing ties scruti...

Wed Mar 13, 2019, 12:53 PM

Trump, Boeing ties scrutinized as FAA stands nearly alone in support of Max 8

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/boeing-737-max-8-ethiopia-airlines-crash/index.html

A global grounding of Boeing's 737 Max 8 airliner is drawing new attention to the close ties between the manufacturer and the Trump administration, which so far is refusing calls to join every other country in suspending use of the plane in the United States.

President Donald Trump has touted Boeing sales across the globe -- including two weeks ago in Vietnam -- and has cultivated close relationships with the company's executives. His acting defense secretary served atop the company for more than three decades, including as the newly scrutinized planes were being developed. The company has spent millions over the past years lobbying decision-makers in Washington.
______________________________________________________________________________________

very sad...
...I sure hope that this does not result in another crash in our country.

8 replies, 485 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump, Boeing ties scrutinized as FAA stands nearly alone in support of Max 8 (Original post)
Stuart G Wednesday OP
fleur-de-lisa Wednesday #1
zipplewrath Wednesday #2
RockRaven Wednesday #3
demigoddess Wednesday #8
dalton99a Wednesday #4
bullwinkle428 Wednesday #5
gratuitous Wednesday #6
world wide wally Wednesday #7

Response to Stuart G (Original post)

Wed Mar 13, 2019, 12:59 PM

1. K&R

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Mar 13, 2019, 01:02 PM

2. Hard to tell

Grounding the aircraft in this country has a much larger impact than many of the countries that have grounded it. China has obvious reasons for sticking a finger in Trumps eye. The EU and Europe have some mixed inspirations as well, between Airbus and Trump. Truth is, the FAA doesn't really have much to go on right now, in as much as they can't connect these two together. I'm a bit afraid now that the FAA is feeling a bit defensive and could be prone to resistance to support their original decision.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 13, 2019, 01:04 PM

3. Consumers need to avoid flying on this aircraft -- make the airlines pressure the FAA/Boeing

to do something to restore customer's confidence so they'll buy tickets again. They won't listen to us, but they might listen to the airlines if we can make them howl.

Reply to this post

Response to RockRaven (Reply #3)

Wed Mar 13, 2019, 02:59 PM

8. I would not fly on any plane until they deal with this. Only thing they listen to

loss of customers. Actually if we want to fight global warming we should stop flying so many planes. Jet fuel and jet exhaust is some of the most toxic stuff in the world and we are pumping loads of it into the atmosphere every day. Just check how many jets are in the air at any one time. And I bet they put out as much or more exhaust of all our cars.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 13, 2019, 01:06 PM

4. The flying public is not stupid or suicidal

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 13, 2019, 01:06 PM

5. About fucking time. K&R.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 13, 2019, 01:11 PM

6. I don't know if Dennis Muilenburg is a praying man

Because if one his jets goes down in the U.S., he might just get an up close and personal look at the state of criminal justice in our country. At least he should.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 13, 2019, 01:30 PM

7. What can possibly go wrong?

I guess we'll find out after 200 more people are dead.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread