HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Senate to hold crash hear...

Tue Mar 12, 2019, 07:48 PM

Senate to hold crash hearing as lawmakers urge grounding Boeing 737 MAX 8

WASHINGTON, March 12 (Reuters) - The head of a U.S. Senate panel said on Tuesday he plans to hold a hearing on the fatal crashes of two Boeing Co 737 MAX 8 jets since October as a growing number of lawmakers called on U.S. regulators to ground the airplane.

U.S. Senators Mitt Romney and Elizabeth Warren on Tuesday called on the Federal Aviation Administration to follow several other countries and temporarily ground Boeing Co's 737 MAX 8, days after a crash in Ethiopia killed everyone onboard one of the planes.

"Out of an abundance of caution for the flying public, the (FAA) should ground the 737 MAX 8 until we investigate the causes of recent crashes and ensure the plane's airworthiness," Romney said in a tweet.

Senator Ted Cruz, a Republican who chairs a subcommittee on aviation and space, said it would be prudent "to temporarily ground 737 Max aircraft" until the FAA "confirms the safety of these aircraft and their passengers." Cruz added he intends "to hold a hearing to investigate these crashes, determine their contributing factors, and ensure that the United States aviation industry remains the safest in the world."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senate-to-hold-crash-hearing-as-lawmakers-urge-grounding-boeing-737-max-8/ar-BBUGJ0h

Yes I think we need to do what's necessary to make these planes safer but color me skeptical about any hearing Ted Cruz chairs. He's more about grandstanding than getting anything done.

2 replies, 266 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Senate to hold crash hearing as lawmakers urge grounding Boeing 737 MAX 8 (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Tuesday OP
BigmanPigman Tuesday #1
spartan61 Tuesday #2

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Tue Mar 12, 2019, 08:12 PM

1. I wouldn't fly on one if I had a choice, would you?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Tue Mar 12, 2019, 09:29 PM

2. Great! Just great!

I have reservations on Tuesday on AA to fly from Orlando to Dallas on one of those aircraft. I'm hoping the planes will be grounded by then and another aircraft will be substituted!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread