HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Fox news is ..., " the cl...

Mon Mar 4, 2019, 06:55 PM

Fox news is ..., " the closest we've come to having state TV."

Nicole Hemmer, an assistant professor of Presidential studies at the University of Virginia’s Miller Center and the author of “Messengers of the Right,” a history of the conservative media’s impact on American politics, says of Fox, “It’s the closest we’ve come to having state TV.”

From Jane Meyer's article today of how Fox was involved in helping Trump win the election.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/03/11/the-making-of-the-fox-news-white-house

7 replies, 977 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to dixiegrrrrl (Original post)

Mon Mar 4, 2019, 06:56 PM

1. K&R, there have been too many times were Putin and Fox news said the same thing

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Mar 4, 2019, 07:03 PM

2. indeed, if donnie were to create state tv and, naturally, privatize it, the result would be foxnews.

well, i take that back. if donnie actually created it, it would fail miserably, expensively, quickly, and obviously.

i mean, if a competent republican president were to create state tv, it would be foxnews.

well, i take that back, of course there's no such thing as a competent republican president anymore.

ok, i mean, if *putin* were to create....

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 4, 2019, 07:03 PM

3. FOX is essentially the trump propaganda ministry

Reply to this post

Response to liberal N proud (Reply #3)

Mon Mar 4, 2019, 07:12 PM

4. Worse yet, Fox employees are now running the WH

Fox 's Bill shine is now Trump's deputy chief of staff, he and Hannity have been buddies and intertwined family friends for decades, they are very close.
Hannity is now inserting himself into Trump's life, travels with him, they talk on the phone every damn night after Hannity 10 pm show, and during the day.
It is no longer possible to know if what Trump says or does is led by Fox news or not.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 4, 2019, 07:13 PM

5. But only when Republicans are running the state

For Democrats, they’re 24 hours of lies and oppo-research.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 4, 2019, 09:33 PM

6. Pravda USA?

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 4, 2019, 09:37 PM

7. It sure helps explain why the Republicans in congress won't utter a word of disagreement

with Trump. They don't want the machine that has brainwashed their base turn it against them.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread