HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I hope Cummings or someon...

Sat Mar 2, 2019, 09:22 PM

I hope Cummings or someone reads these questions before the Weissellberg hearing.

Good starting place.

From the New Yorker Magazine: More at...

https://www.newyorker.com/news/swamp-chronicles/fifteen-questions-for-allen-weisselberg-the-cfo-of-the-trump-organization

—In the audio tape of Michael Cohen and Donald Trump discussing the payment of hush money to Karen McDougal, Cohen told Trump, “I’ve spoken to Allen Weisselberg about how to set the whole thing up.” This seems to refer to the setting up of an anonymous shell company for the purposes of secretly sending a payment without any link to Trump. What advice did you give Cohen about setting this up?

—Was setting up anonymous shell companies a regular practice of yours or of the Trump Organization? Have you set up other anonymous shell companies for Trump? If so, what are their names? What were their purposes? What money came into or flowed out of them? Did Donald Trump direct you to form these anonymous L.L.C.s? Was he aware of their formation and secretive purpose?

—Michael Cohen gave the House Committee on Oversight and Reform summary financial records from 2011 to 2013. They show the Trump Organization’s liquid cash and securities position growing dramatically over these years, even though the company was, simultaneously, spending several hundred million dollars in cash on golf properties. It appears that the Trump Organization acquired at least four hundred million dollars in cash at a time when it made no major sales and experienced no major change in its income-generating businesses. Where did that money come from?

5 replies, 647 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply I hope Cummings or someone reads these questions before the Weissellberg hearing. (Original post)
rgbecker Mar 2 OP
The Velveteen Ocelot Mar 2 #1
Peace06 Mar 2 #2
erronis Mar 2 #3
BlueWI Mar 3 #4
BlueWI Mar 3 #5

Response to rgbecker (Original post)

Sat Mar 2, 2019, 09:27 PM

1. I'm sure Cummings will be more than ready.

Loaded for bear, as it were.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Mar 2, 2019, 09:38 PM

2. Weisselberg hearing

These are excellent questions and the answers should expose more new information and crimes!!!! Good Job!

Reply to this post

Sat Mar 2, 2019, 09:56 PM

3. Keep them coming. I think crowd-based questions can be very useful.

Perhaps overwhelming for the researchers/prosecutors but sometimes something special leads to discoveries. Just like a picked lock in the Watergate Hotel.

Reply to this post

Response to erronis (Reply #3)

Sun Mar 3, 2019, 10:16 AM

4. Agreed that the role of a vigilant public is essential.

Holding the executive branch accountable is our job too. Trump is still president and even Democratic legislators are divided on the case for impeachment. Plenty left for everyone to do.

Reply to this post

Sun Mar 3, 2019, 10:17 AM

5. Kudos for sharing your perspective. Thanks.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread