HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Asked if there would be a...

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 04:44 PM

Asked if there would be a second shutdown, Trump responded: "that's up to the Democrats."

The president spoke before leaving for a campaign rally in El Paso, Texas, where he plans to press his case for Congress to fund his long-desired wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

“We need a wall,” Trump said. “And all of the other things are nice to have but without a wall, it’s not going to work. We can have technology. We can have beautiful drones flying all over the place. But it doesn’t work without the wall.”

Trump is re-inserting himself into the debate at a pivotal time for bipartisan talks on Capitol Hill to avoid another government shutdown. Lawmakers have until Feb. 15 deadline to complete an agreement to fund roughly a quarter of the federal government.

Asked if there would be a second shutdown, Trump responded: “that’s up to the Democrats.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/429485-trump-democrats-want-criminals-in-the-us#.XGHrMvjkXxI.twitter

8 replies, 530 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Asked if there would be a second shutdown, Trump responded: "that's up to the Democrats." (Original post)
Miles Archer Monday OP
madaboutharry Monday #1
walkingman Monday #2
Wounded Bear Monday #3
LiberalFighter Monday #4
BlueJac Monday #5
world wide wally Monday #6
LastLiberal in PalmSprings Monday #7
smirkymonkey Monday #8

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 04:46 PM

1. The "Democrats" don't have the power to order a shutdown.

There is only one person who can order a shutdown and his name is Donald J. Trump.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 04:47 PM

2. Trump doesn't have the balls!! No Wall!!!

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 04:51 PM

3. More "Be reasonable! Do it MY way!"

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 04:52 PM

4. If McConnell was smart he would allow a vote in the Senate

and send the bill to Trump. Otherwise, the blame can be at McConnell's feet. He can shift the blame to Trump. If he vetoes the bill, then it is totally Trump's fault. If he signs it into law it is Trump's fault in the minds of his supporters.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 04:54 PM

5. Shut up asshole...

I am so tired of the biggest jerk running this country. If people don't vote him out we are toast!

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 05:01 PM

6. Trump thinks shutting down the government is a negotiating tactic ...

Like taking his ball and going home if he can't bat first.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 06:35 PM

7. My wife works as a preschool teacher.

She says a common explanation a 4-year-old boy will give for unexpectedly hitting another is, "He made me do it -- he was going to hit me first."

The difference between Trump and a 4-year-old is that the child can learn that such behavior is wrong.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 06:44 PM

8. Fuck him!

Why can't we stand up to him and call him on his shit more forcefully? I know there are some who try, but I am not seeing enough of an effort by enough people.

Not only is he blackmailing and blaming Democrats, he is governing by threatening federal workers - and all of us, really - if he doesn't get exactly what he wants.

We have to stand up and say we will not tolerate these kinds of tactics and that the bottom line is that the wall is a stupid, ineffective, ridiculously expensive non-solution to a very low-priority issue.

A wall is NOT GOING TO WORK! And he needs to stop threatening everyone with a shut-down. If he gets what he wants, he will just continue to do this for the rest of his time in office.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread