HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Kamala Harris on legalizi...

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 01:55 PM

Kamala Harris on legalizing pot: 'Half my family is from Jamaica -- are you kidding me?'

Kamala Harris on legalizing pot: ‘Half my family is from Jamaica — are you kidding me?’
Sky Palma
By Sky Palma
Posted on February 11, 2019

In a stark contrast to Bill Clinton’s infamous “I didn’t inhale” response to questions about his alleged past use of marijuana, California senator and 2020 presidential candidate Kamala Harris proudly declared that she’s smoked before, and she did in fact inhale.

During an appearance on The Breakfast Club radio show this Monday morning, Harris was asked by host Charlamagne tha God about rumors that claim she’s opposed to the legalization of marijuana, to which Harris responded, “That’s not true.”

“And look, I joke about it — half joking — half my family is from Jamaica. Are you kidding me?” she said to an eruption of laughter in the studio.

Later in the segment, Charlamagne asked the question everyone wanted to know: “Have you ever smoked?”

“I have,” Harris responded matter of factly. “And I did inhale.”

more...

http://deadstate.org/kamala-harris-on-legalizing-pot-half-my-family-is-from-jamaica-are-you-kidding-me/?fbclid=IwAR3vN_LVKcfvUzL82JWOv_46s3EAGkqruBheAh9EnGkRebbE0by1N085m8w

6 replies, 411 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Kamala Harris on legalizing pot: 'Half my family is from Jamaica -- are you kidding me?' (Original post)
babylonsister Monday OP
jberryhill Monday #1
exboyfil Monday #5
jberryhill Monday #6
bearsfootball516 Monday #2
Luka Boyd Monday #3
bearsfootball516 Monday #4

Response to babylonsister (Original post)

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 02:01 PM

1. Because anyone and everyone from Jamaica, and their entire family, has of course smoked pot

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jberryhill (Reply #1)

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 03:12 PM

5. Sure I like whiskey I am Irish

Not sure painting a group with a broad brush is.the best tactic.

Reply to this post

Response to exboyfil (Reply #5)

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 03:17 PM

6. I agree

And whether one is a member of that group doesn't make stereotyping any better.

The takeaway here is that we should assume all Jamaicans have smoked pot, I guess.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 02:07 PM

2. Love it. She's going to be a force.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 02:23 PM

3. Are you kidding me?

After all of the atrocities that have been forced down our throats as the new normal by the current dumpster fire, is anybody going to actually pretend that we should care if somebody smoked pot? Really? if only this is what we were shocked and insulted by with IQ45.

Reply to this post

Response to Luka Boyd (Reply #3)

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 02:33 PM

4. It likely helps her.

A push for legalization has more authenticity if the politician pushing for it has smoked before.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread