HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Jared Kushner to unveil T...

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 02:52 PM

Jared Kushner to unveil Trump's Middle East (economic) peace plan

For foreign policy watchers, President Donald Trumpís State of the Union Speech was missing some crucial talking points, among them: His long-promised Middle East peace plan.

There was some expectation that he might unveil it during the U.N. General Assembly in September. That didnít happen. Nor did the plan materialize in the four month timeline he promised that same month. But according to a piece published by Politico on Friday, the wait is somewhat over: Jared Kushner, Trumpís son-in-law and the man tasked with drafting a plan, will soon unveil the planís ďthe economic portion.Ē

A brief reminder of the actual conflicts in the region include Syriaís civil war, Yemenís civil war (with the intervention of a U.S.-backed Saudi Arabian coalition), tensions between Israel and Palestine, and the ongoing conflict in Iraq.

Kushner, weíre told, will head at the end of February to the Gulf Arab states of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.

[link:https://thinkprogress.org/jared-kushner-to-unveil-trumps-middle-east-economic-peace-plan-11256f9e151f/|

Well, I don't know about you but I feel reassured that such a foreign policy expert is leading on this.... nothing to worry about here...well apart from maybe....

5 replies, 274 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jared Kushner to unveil Trump's Middle East (economic) peace plan (Original post)
Soph0571 Feb 8 OP
Clash City Rocker Feb 8 #1
gratuitous Feb 8 #2
regnaD kciN Feb 8 #3
thegoose Feb 8 #4
Scurrilous Feb 8 #5

Response to Soph0571 (Original post)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 02:56 PM

1. They had to wait for Salman and Putin to tell them what it was

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 02:57 PM

2. Preview of Jared's cunning economic plan

Open more Trump hotels.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 03:00 PM

3. Of course, since the NON-economic part of Jared's plan...

...involves Palestinian acceptance of a perpetual occupation, I really donít think the economic portion has much of a point.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 03:33 PM

4. God, how ridiculous

Twitler's idiot family representing America to the world. 😡

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 03:38 PM

5. His plan will be basically whatever Bibi, Assad, and Mohammed bin Salman want.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread