HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » ROMNEY BUSTED! – Proud to...

Wed Aug 22, 2012, 09:41 AM

ROMNEY BUSTED! – Proud to Have ENDORSEMENT of Akin RAPE DOCTOR in 2007

The Coming Storm.....

Romney’s campaign can claim that “It’s not at all uncommon to have slight differences between the platform and the nominee” but it turns out, reports the LA Times, that the “Doctor behind Todd Akin’s rape theory was a Romney surrogate in 2007,” leading to questions as to just how much Romney does disagree with Akin, if at all.

According to the Times:

Archives from Romney’s previous presidential bid show that the Massachusetts Republican has historically supported the person who is the source of Akin’s theory, Dr. Jack C. Willke, the father of the antiabortion movement.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-doctor-behind-todd-akins-rape-theory-was-a-romney-surrogate-in-2007-20120821,0,80862.story

Romney knew all this when he bragged about Wllke’s endorsement in 2007. And this isn’t icky lying liberals talking, this is Mitt Romney’s campaign bragging:

Mitt Romney 2007 Campaign Press Release:

“Dr. Willke is a leading voice within the pro-life community and will be an important surrogate for Governor Romney’s pro-life and pro-family agenda,” the Romney campaign said in an October 2007 statement.
“I am proud to have the support of a man who has meant so much to the pro-life movement in our country,” Romney said in the statement. “He knows how important it is to have someone in Washington who will actively promote pro-life policies. Policies that include more than appointing judges who will follow the law but also opposing taxpayer-funded abortion and partial-birth abortion.”

http://web.archive.org/web/20071227112415/http:/www.mittromney.com/News/Press-Releases/Endorsement_Willke

cont

http://www.politicususa.com/romney-busted-proud-endorsement-akin-rape-doctor-2007.html

12 replies, 3102 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply ROMNEY BUSTED! – Proud to Have ENDORSEMENT of Akin RAPE DOCTOR in 2007 (Original post)
Segami Aug 2012 OP
myrna minx Aug 2012 #1
Segami Aug 2012 #3
myrna minx Aug 2012 #7
crunch60 Aug 2012 #12
riverwalker Aug 2012 #2
Poll_Blind Aug 2012 #4
jsr Aug 2012 #5
randome Aug 2012 #6
Segami Aug 2012 #9
wordpix Aug 2012 #8
aikoaiko Aug 2012 #10
LTR Aug 2012 #11

Response to Segami (Original post)

Wed Aug 22, 2012, 09:49 AM

1. I'm glad the media is finally connecting the dots of this madness.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to myrna minx (Reply #1)

Wed Aug 22, 2012, 09:55 AM

3. Madness = Dangerous.

Putting the future of this country in the hands of insane crackpots. The media needs to wake up.

Reply to this post

Response to Segami (Reply #3)

Wed Aug 22, 2012, 10:02 AM

7. It's chilling and dangerous. The mask has been ripped off - they can no longer claim these

are gaffes. Their creepy esoteric code is being translated into English for all to understand.

Reply to this post

Response to Segami (Reply #3)

Wed Aug 22, 2012, 08:41 PM

12. Problem is, the crackpots own the media, at least most of the MSM.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 22, 2012, 09:53 AM

2. ++++1000000 n/t

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 22, 2012, 09:55 AM

4. This story has legs. We need to give it Saturn V rockets.

Because this is one of the few chances we're probably going to get in the next few months to pull on a cord that leads to the heart of the sickness of the GOP 2012 ticket and show everyone what they stand for.

Letters to the editor, calls into C-Span. Short and sweet. Go!

I was watching GOP strategists including Romney's campaign advisor openly stating on C-Span that Romney is down 30 on the likability scale against Obama. We need to hammer on that deficit and this is a perfect way to do it.

PB

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 22, 2012, 09:56 AM

5. Hard to deny

Reply to this post

Response to jsr (Reply #5)

Wed Aug 22, 2012, 10:00 AM

6. Unfortunately, it's easy to deny he knew the philosophy of Dr. Stupid.

Unless I'm missing something here, Romney can still plausibly claim that he was not aware of this bizarre manifestation of 'science'.

Reply to this post

Response to randome (Reply #6)

Wed Aug 22, 2012, 10:08 AM

9. So be it! Let Romney DEFEND his acceptance of Dr. Willke.

Let him try to wiggle out as you say by claiming that " he was not aware of this bizarre manifestation of 'science' ".

This story has LEGS and if you throw Ryan's/Akin's abortion voting record into the mix, the rest will take care of itself.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 22, 2012, 10:03 AM

8. Wonder how R&R will spin this one. "I didn't know" is my guess

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 22, 2012, 10:18 AM

10. Romney's "Jeremiah Wright".

There may lots of good political ads there.

Reply to this post

Response to aikoaiko (Reply #10)

Wed Aug 22, 2012, 11:15 AM

11. You read my mind!

If Obama, according to the wingnuts, is under Wright's influence, then Romney is under this asshat's spell. Perhaps even more so.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread