HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Russian Weapon Makes Enem...

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 09:42 PM

Russian Weapon Makes Enemy Hallucinate, Vomit

Two Russian naval vessels have been fitted with a defensive weapon which, during testing, caused some subjects to experience hallucinations and vomit because of its disorientating effect.

Russia’s domestic state news agency RIA Novosti reported that a Russian military contractor had begun supplying the navy with the weapon, a “visual optical interference” device, named Filin 5P-42. The weapon’s name Filin translates to Eagle Owl in English.

The technology, which was developed to dazzle and incapacitate attackers, has been deployed on the Russian naval frigates the Admiral Gorshkov and Admiral Kasatonov, a press release from Ruselectornics, which created the Filin system, has said.

MSN News reported that the weapon fires a beam, similar to a strobe light, hindering the enemy's ability to see the ships. It also has a capability allowing it to suppress night vision technology, laser targeting systems and anti-tank missiles up to a distance of over three miles.

Testing of the weapon found that volunteers who attempted to hit targets protected by the Filin with sniper rifles, assault weapons and machine guns all experienced difficulty with aiming. They were unable to see the target.

Almost half of the test subjects, 45 percent, said they experienced dizziness, nausea and feelings of disorientation, according to RIA Novosti. A further 20 percent said they suffered hallucinations and described a “ball of light moving in front of the eyes.” The manufacturer has also claimed the device can temporarily blind attackers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-weapon-makes-enemy-hallucinate-vomit/ar-BBT9KQm?li=BBnbcA1

9 replies, 654 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Russian Weapon Makes Enemy Hallucinate, Vomit (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Feb 4 OP
The Velveteen Ocelot Feb 4 #1
ProudLib72 Feb 4 #9
BSdetect Feb 4 #2
Beakybird Feb 4 #3
Me. Feb 4 #4
Hekate Feb 4 #7
NotASurfer Feb 4 #5
mbusby Feb 4 #6
Adrahil Feb 4 #8

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 09:44 PM

1. Their original weapon already made us vomit.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to The Velveteen Ocelot (Reply #1)

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 11:28 PM

9. Already having been deployed for two years

When it comes on TV I experience disorientation and see an orange ball of puke floating in front of my eyes.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 09:45 PM

2. Is it true they call it the trumpy?

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 10:00 PM

3. It can't be worse than Fox News.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 10:20 PM

4. I Wonder If This Sort Of Thing Is What was Used On US Diplomats?

Yes I know they said it was 'crickets' in Cuba. Is that what they claim was also the source of the same problem in China? I didn't buy that cricket explanation for a second. Whatever it was affected brains.

Reply to this post

Response to Me. (Reply #4)

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 10:59 PM

7. I thought the same thing. Something going on in China as well. Both cause brain damage.

Christ on a trailer hitch what a world.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 10:39 PM

5. doesn't cheap tequila do the same thing?

Justice Kavanaugh can recruit cadets with the necessary experience to have a degree of immunity

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 10:45 PM

6. So back up five miles...

...and proceed to blow them out of the water.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 11:19 PM

8. It's just a dazzler system....

They’ve been around for years... useful against small boats or harassing Ukrainian ships. No threat to actual Naval vessels.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread