HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Hundreds more active-duty...

Sat Jan 12, 2019, 06:02 PM

Hundreds more active-duty troops may be sent to US-Mexico border

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2019/01/11/hundreds-more-active-duty-troops-may-be-sent-to-us-mexico-border/

WASHINGTON ó U.S. officials say the Pentagon is finalizing plans that would send hundreds of additional active-duty troops to the U.S.-Mexico border for several more months to support the Department of Homeland Security.

The troops would install another 160 miles of concertina wire in Arizona and California.

Details are being worked out, but the plan likely would extend the military's border mission though the end of September.

The mission is separate from President Donald Trumpís campaign to build a border wall but is designed to bolster security.

<more>

1 replies, 308 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Hundreds more active-duty troops may be sent to US-Mexico border (Original post)
jpak Saturday OP
anarch Saturday #1

Response to jpak (Original post)

Sat Jan 12, 2019, 06:19 PM

1. hey, they should just put in some land mines while they're at it

I think that's gonna be my new argument when some asshole starts going off about the wall; the fuckers won't listen to any logic, and certainly not any kind of appeal to empathy...so I'll start telling them I disagree with the wall for practical purposes, since it just won't really be all that effective, and we should instead put in an impenetrable minefield across the entire border. If anyone tells me that's cruel and horrible, I'll start screaming about how "WHAT, DO YOU WANT OPEN BORDERS??? THESE ANIMALS THAT ARE INVADING OUR COUNTRY MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS!!" Maybe that would wake them up to how horrible they themselves sound about this whole thing...oh, who am I kidding? A bunch of them would probably just think that's a great idea.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread