HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I awake and pinch myself...

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 07:12 AM

I awake and pinch myself because I do not want to believe that the

United States of America and its citizens are being held hostage by a temper tantrum three year old. We need to all be afraid because all those who can check his behavior and put an end to his tantrum are in cahoots with him.

23 replies, 3618 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 23 replies Author Time Post
Reply I awake and pinch myself because I do not want to believe that the (Original post)
mfcorey1 Jan 11 OP
NightWatcher Jan 11 #1
DownriverDem Jan 11 #14
democratisphere Jan 11 #2
watoos Jan 11 #6
Buckeyeblue Jan 11 #3
dem4decades Jan 11 #4
watoos Jan 11 #7
ProfessorPlum Jan 11 #16
anarch Jan 11 #5
Rene Jan 11 #8
GoCubsGo Jan 11 #11
mickswalkabout41 Jan 11 #17
Fuzzpope Jan 11 #9
Hermit-The-Prog Jan 11 #21
GoCubsGo Jan 11 #10
BigmanPigman Jan 11 #19
Bear Creek Jan 11 #12
DemoTex Jan 11 #13
Bettie Jan 11 #15
MadDAsHell Jan 11 #18
EleanorR Jan 11 #20
ooky Jan 11 #22
GeorgeGist Jan 11 #23

Response to mfcorey1 (Original post)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 07:12 AM

1. trump is a political terrorist and it's time to storm the cockpit. Let's roll.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NightWatcher (Reply #1)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 08:40 AM

14. One problem

The repubs have to come on board.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 07:17 AM

2. Time for Redumblicons to break with drumpf and get the government open today.

drumpf is driving our country to ruin! Action needs to be taken NOW!

Reply to this post

Response to democratisphere (Reply #2)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 07:51 AM

6. It's probably hard for them to give up all of those rubles.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 07:23 AM

3. It's interesting how complicit they are with him

But he would run them over in a heart beat. It's like some weird abusive relationship. They would like to leave him but feel like they can't. And in the mean time, they both continue to do damage to everyone else.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 07:24 AM

4. It's the fault of 30% of America. We live in a country with

A bunch of racist idiots. That's even scarier than Trump. He'll be gone but they're still going to be here.

Reply to this post

Response to dem4decades (Reply #4)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 07:54 AM

7. That's the way I see it too.

I found out that I live amongst them in Central Pa. They voted Republican in my district in 2018, 80% to 20%.

Reply to this post

Response to watoos (Reply #7)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 09:59 AM

16. I feel your pain.

that's where I grew up, and I'm ashamed at the way they haven't evolved since then.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 07:25 AM

5. gotta wonder how far the idiot will push it

I realize nothing matters anymore, and there's no point in trying to find any kind of logic or reason behind anything the fucker does, but really, at this point it's just "I care so much about this nation's safety and security, I will actively harm it, and continue to exponentially increase the amount of harm until I get my way."

What is this, like some racist fuck murdering his daughter b/c he'd rather see here dead than in a relationship with a black man? "I'd rather see this nation destroyed than continue to watch the demographics of the population keep going in a non-white direction."

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 07:54 AM

8. mueller needs to find out how the $30million from Russia via NRA

got distributed thru current repugs in Congress....especially McConnel and Graham.

Reply to this post

Response to Rene (Reply #8)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 07:59 AM

11. Oh, he knows.

Mueller knows everything. This will not end well for any of them.

Reply to this post

Response to Rene (Reply #8)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 10:03 AM

17. I'm sure

He already knows. The Republican Party as a whole has slipped to a level of treason. They are all either involved, or are silent and therefore complicit and culpable. If ther was any question before this, it’s gone. There is now no way that they don’t know what’s going on. None of them.

Reply to this post

Response to Fuzzpope (Reply #9)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 10:29 AM

21. 18 U.S. Code 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; July 24, 1956, ch. 678, § 2, 70 Stat. 623; Pub. L. 87–486, June 19, 1962, 76 Stat. 103; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(N), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 07:57 AM

10. For the past two years, every morning, before the news comes on, I ask myself,

"What fresh hell awaits us today?" It's like being in the fucking Twilight Zone at this point.

Reply to this post

Response to GoCubsGo (Reply #10)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 10:19 AM

19. I wake up and am the opposite of you...

I turn on the news after asking myself, "I wonder if he had a stroke" or "I wonder what has happened that will definitely nail him immediately?"

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 08:20 AM

12. Held hostage

By Russian operatives who call themselves republicans.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 08:29 AM

13. A three year old with the nuclear codes ..

A three year old with the nuclear codes, and no adult supervision.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 08:41 AM

15. And Democrats CAN NOT

give in to him. It will make him an even bigger monster if he thinks taking hostages works.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 10:11 AM

18. Only about half are being held hostage. The other half are all for this, sadly.

Reply to this post

Response to MadDAsHell (Reply #18)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 10:28 AM

20. More like 30%-35% and dropping

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 10:42 AM

22. McConnell.

He is acting as a co-sponsor of this immoral shutdown. Every discussion of Trump as a bad faith actor in this shutdown should equally include McConnell. Trump is mentally deranged, but McConnell is public enemy number 1 for releasing him on the American public.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 12:23 PM

23. The American brand ...

needs an update. Pronto.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread