HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Steve King identifies him...

Thu Jan 10, 2019, 07:43 PM

Steve King identifies himself as a 'nationalist,' defends earlier comments

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) sought to defend himself on Thursday after facing blowback from fellow Republicans for asking how the terms "white nationalist" and "white supremacist" became offensive.

King tried to offer a distinction between nationalist and nationalism in favor of white people.

"Under any fair political definition, I am simply a Nationalist," King said in a statement. "This conviction does not make me a white nationalist or a white supremacist. Once again, I reject those labels and the ideology that they define."

"I condemn anyone that supports this evil and bigoted ideology which saw in its ultimate expression the systematic murder of 6 million innocent Jewish lives," he said in the statement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/steve-king-identifies-himself-as-a-nationalist-defends-earlier-comments/ar-BBS52CA?li=BBnb7Kz

3 replies, 276 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Steve King identifies himself as a 'nationalist,' defends earlier comments (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Jan 10 OP
C_U_L8R Jan 10 #1
walkingman Jan 10 #2
rurallib Jan 10 #3

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Thu Jan 10, 2019, 07:50 PM

1. Nationalist is to Nazi

As White Nationalist is to White Nazi.

King is not fooling anyone.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jan 10, 2019, 07:52 PM

2. These people have no shame. Make America White Again

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 10, 2019, 08:40 PM

3. "white nationalist" and "white supremacist" have always been offensive to many (most)

in America since the middle of last century, Mr. King you fuckwad. Hope he thinks that is offensive.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread