HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Kurdish Fighters Discuss ...

Thu Dec 20, 2018, 12:42 PM

Kurdish Fighters Discuss Releasing Almost 3,200 ISIS Prisoners

Dec. 20, 2018

BEIRUT, Lebanon — America’s Kurdish allies in Syria are discussing the release of 3,200 Islamic State prisoners, a prominent monitoring group and a Western official of the anti-Islamic State coalition said on Thursday, a day after President Trump ordered the withdrawal of all American troops from the country.

Top officials of the Syrian Democratic Forces, the Kurdish-led and American-supported militia fighting the Islamic State in eastern Syria, met on Wednesday to discuss the option of releasing about 1,100 Islamic State fighters and 2,080 relatives of the group’s members, according to Rami Abdul Rahman, the head of the Syrian Observatory on Human Rights.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/20/world/middleeast/isis-syria-prisoner-release-trump.html

2 replies, 356 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Kurdish Fighters Discuss Releasing Almost 3,200 ISIS Prisoners (Original post)
eleny Dec 20 OP
HopeAgain Dec 20 #1
eleny Dec 20 #2

Response to eleny (Original post)

Thu Dec 20, 2018, 12:46 PM

1. If we withdraw, they probably will

Who could blame them?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to HopeAgain (Reply #1)

Thu Dec 20, 2018, 12:59 PM

2. That's how I felt when I heard this earlier on MSNBC

Nobody on the panel seemed surprised or pushed back against them. And that included a general who was on the panel.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread