HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Why the terrible Obamacar...

Sun Dec 16, 2018, 07:14 PM

Why the terrible Obamacare decision in Texas could haunt Ben Sasse, cost the GOP the Senate in 2020





Blue Tuesday

2018/12/16 ∑ 13:39

First thingís first: As the title of this diary states, the Texas courtís decision to strike down Obamacare was a lawless act of partisan idiocy, and will hopefully be reversed upon appeal. There is no silver lining in taking healthcare away from 20 million people.

That all said, this is the hand weíve been dealt, and fortunately, we know how to play it now.

As Bloomberg reports today, the case is likely to stretch into 2020, and possibly beyond if it reaches the Supreme Court. That means that it will be the defining issue of the 2020 elections (well, beyond Trumpís brain rot and treason), and it could mean a lot of trouble for the GOP. Healthcare was the top issue in 2018 and voters broke overwhelmingly for Democrats on the subject, helping them take back the House and, notably, expand Medicaid even in three red states.

One of those states was Nebraska, where voters enacted Medicaid expansion via ballot initiative despite years of the GOP-controlled state legislatureís refusal to do so. Once implemented, an additional 90,000 people in Nebraska will have healthcare. Thatís not a benefit theyíre going to want to give up. And that puts Sen. Ben Sasse, who is up for re-election in 2020, in a perilous situation.

FULL story: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/12/16/1819496/-The-Obamacare-decision-in-Texas-is-a-disgrace-but-it-could-help-us-take-out-Sen-Ben-Sasse-in-2020?utm_campaign=trending

4 replies, 773 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Why the terrible Obamacare decision in Texas could haunt Ben Sasse, cost the GOP the Senate in 2020 (Original post)
Omaha Steve Dec 2018 OP
SWBTATTReg Dec 2018 #1
Hermit-The-Prog Dec 2018 #2
irisblue Dec 2018 #3
TheFarseer Dec 2018 #4

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Sun Dec 16, 2018, 07:50 PM

1. Good. This idiotic issue deserves to be hung around the necks of all of them...nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Sun Dec 16, 2018, 11:30 PM

2. actblue link after article

There's an actblue link at the end of the article, to donate to Progressives Everywhere for senate candidates in Nebraska, Maine and Colorado.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Mon Dec 17, 2018, 10:02 AM

3. Thanks for this OS. Sasse managed to skate on so much stuff

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Mon Dec 17, 2018, 10:34 AM

4. We Nebraskans like

That heís an independent conservative voice. And we canít see though his bull crap to realize that 90% of what he does is so rich people and corporations can get a tax cut and the other 10% is to increase their profits in some other way.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread