HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » After Slur Accusation, AO...

Wed Dec 12, 2018, 03:57 PM

After Slur Accusation, AOC Shoots Back: Conway's 'Engaged In A War On Facts'

The battle’s on.

After Kellyanne Conway accused Rep.-Elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez — without mentioning her name — of tweeting a “slur” about White House chief of staff John Kelly and diminishing her intelligence on Fox News Tuesday, the soon-to-be congresswoman shot back, suggesting Conway has been “engaged in a war on facts” since President Trump took office.

Kellyanne Conway has been engaged in a War on Facts since Inauguration Day.

Leveraging those who belittle my capacity is exactly how I defeated a multi-generation, multi-million $ political machine. GOP is even weaker bc their bias has no self-control.https://t.co/QHA66XqInY

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@Ocasio2018) December 12, 2018

After Trump announced that Kelly would be leaving the White House at the end of the year, Ocasio-Cortez tweeted that Kelly still owes an apology to Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-FL), whom he disparaged earlier this year. She called Kelly’s actions “cowardice,” which Conway interpreted as a slur before she suggested that Ocasio-Cortez “doesn’t seem to know much about anything.”

read at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ocasio-cortez-kellyanne-war-facts

4 replies, 822 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply After Slur Accusation, AOC Shoots Back: Conway's 'Engaged In A War On Facts' (Original post)
pecosbob Dec 2018 OP
maxsolomon Dec 2018 #1
Dave Starsky Dec 2018 #4
dlk Dec 2018 #2
pecosbob Dec 2018 #3

Response to pecosbob (Original post)

Wed Dec 12, 2018, 04:02 PM

1. AOC is living rent-free in the back of their heads

I've never seen a freshman congressional rep. get so much attention. It's like she's Angela Davis times Che Guevara.

I'd advise her to live beyond reproach: never have 3 drinks, never smoke a joint, because they're gunning for her. The slightest misstep and they'll pounce. Hell, they're already pouncing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to maxsolomon (Reply #1)

Wed Dec 12, 2018, 04:49 PM

4. She hasn't even been seated yet.

They are obviously terrified of her. And for good reason, it seems.

She hits back twice as hard and focused as they hit her.

Reply to this post

Response to pecosbob (Original post)

Wed Dec 12, 2018, 04:42 PM

2. I'm Glad to See AOC Confronting the Republican Spin Machine-They've Had a Pass Far Too Long

Reply to this post

Response to dlk (Reply #2)

Wed Dec 12, 2018, 04:45 PM

3. Anyone...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread