HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Overnight Health Care: Ma...

Thu Dec 6, 2018, 09:23 AM

Overnight Health Care: Manchin pitched Trump on reviving bipartisan ObamaCare fix

Manchin is dreaming if he thinks Trump will do anything positive about our healthcare

Overnight Health Care: Manchin pitched Trump on reviving bipartisan ObamaCare fix | 4 in 10 donít plan to get flu shots | Survey finds more than a quarter have pre-existing conditions

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/overnights/419950-overnight-health-care-manchin-pitched-trump-on-reviving

By Nathaniel Weixel, Jessie Hellmann and Peter Sullivan - 12

/05/18 06:43 PM EST

Happy Wednesday, and welcome to Overnight Health Care.

Sen. Joe Manchin isn't giving up hope on a bipartisan ObamaCare fix, and more than a quarter of Americans have a pre-existing condition. Also, get your flu shot!

We'll start with the latest ObamaCare news:

Manchin pitched Trump on reviving bipartisan ObamaCare fix in meeting

Not everyone is giving up on the idea of a bipartisan ObamaCare fix.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) pitched the idea to President Trump when the two had lunch on Monday.

"I said he's the one who can make a difference," Manchin said. "We already have a bipartisan agreement. If he signs onto it, it would be great."

The obstacles: A deal last year between Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) and Patty Murray (D-Wash.) eventually fell apart amid a dispute over abortion. There is still no resolution to the question of whether to include abortion restrictions on new funding to stabilize ObamaCare, making the path forward for a deal difficult.

The ground has also shifted since last year, meaning Democrats would likely have different requests for a deal, including undoing Trump administration actions to allow cheaper, skimpier insurance plans. It would be hard for Republicans to support undoing Trump's actions.

What did Trump say in response? Unclear. Manchin did not describe in detail what Trump's reaction was, beyond saying, "I think he's going to look at it; I hope he does."

Read more here.

1 replies, 260 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Overnight Health Care: Manchin pitched Trump on reviving bipartisan ObamaCare fix (Original post)
riversedge Dec 6 OP
comradebillyboy Dec 6 #1

Response to riversedge (Original post)

Thu Dec 6, 2018, 09:41 AM

1. Kudos to Joe for giving it a shot.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread