HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Florida State President J...

Sun Nov 25, 2018, 05:15 PM

Florida State President John Thrasher calls racist post about Willie Taggart 'despicable'

Florida State President John Thrasher came to the support of FSU coach Willie Taggart after racially charged social media posts made their rounds after the Seminoles' 41-14 loss to in-state rival Florida Saturday.

"A recent racist social media post aimed at our football coach is ignorant and despicable," Thrasher said in a statement, which FSU announced via Twitter Sunday.

(Snip)

One fan posted a racist photo depicting Taggart with a noose around his neck with the caption "Believe in something even if it means sacrificing your rep" on a FSU fan page on Facebook.

When called out on the post, the poster added "I'm dead F****** serious. This is how far I'm willing to go to get rid of this clown."

Taggart is the first black head coach in FSU history.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2109165002

6 replies, 581 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Florida State President John Thrasher calls racist post about Willie Taggart 'despicable' (Original post)
JonLP24 Nov 25 OP
gainesvillenole Nov 25 #1
lpbk2713 Nov 25 #2
Blue_true Nov 25 #3
CurtEastPoint Nov 25 #4
Stallion Nov 25 #5
Stallion Nov 25 #6

Response to JonLP24 (Original post)

Sun Nov 25, 2018, 06:15 PM

1. Disgusting

As a PROUD Florida State alumnus and booster, this episode was despicable and horrific. I am happy that our President quickly shut this down and that now the Attorney General is investigating. Equally proud of the hundreds of true members of the Seminole family also quickly condemned and shit this racist scumbag down. Both on Facebook and Twitter, and made sure his employer Hilton Resorts knows what a racist degenerate they employ.....😡

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Nov 25, 2018, 06:21 PM

2. Hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

Where would these hateful idiots be without it? They may not be as anonymous as they think they are.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 25, 2018, 06:50 PM

3. He took over a team that the previous coach allowed to decline, then bailed on.

The guy built a strong team at the PAC12 university that he left for FSU. Give him a chance to get offensive and defensive players that he recruited.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 25, 2018, 08:00 PM

4. Football. Like that is sooooooooo important.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 25, 2018, 08:06 PM

5. Hopefully they find the "fan" and disassociate him from the program

ban him from attending FSU events -these fan forums especially when behind paywalls can be pretty brutal

Reply to this post

Response to Stallion (Reply #5)

Sun Nov 25, 2018, 09:51 PM

6. "Fan" Identified as Tom Shand

will be seeking new employment tomorrow I'm sure-works for Hilton Grand vacations

https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-shand-a3373495/

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread