HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Democrats take control of...

Mon Nov 12, 2018, 02:37 AM

Democrats take control of Costa Mesa (CA) city government

Almost exactly a year after she was unceremoniously removed as Costa Mesa’s mayor, Katrina Foley reclaimed the post with a decisive victory over rival and current Mayor Sandy Genis in Tuesday’s race to become the city’s first directly elected mayor.

Elsewhere on the ballot, a slate of Foley’s allies — Manuel Chavez, Andrea Marr and Arlis Reynolds — swept the three other available City Council seats, ushering in a new controlling majority.

The winners of those spots get four-year terms, while the mayor will serve for two years.
“I’m obviously thrilled,” Foley, a Mesa del Mar resident and current councilwoman, said Wednesday morning. “I woke up to hundreds and hundreds of texts and calls, so it’s great to see that our team did so well. We all worked really hard to run positive campaigns and focus on neighborhood and community issues, and I think that’s what the voters wanted.”

With all precincts reporting, Foley held a 58.5% to 41.5% lead over Genis, who lives in Mesa Verde.

http://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/news/tn-dpt-me-cm-council-election-20181107-story.html

1 replies, 630 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Democrats take control of Costa Mesa (CA) city government (Original post)
RandySF Nov 12 OP
xxqqqzme Nov 12 #1

Response to RandySF (Original post)

Mon Nov 12, 2018, 05:03 AM

1. I was so thrilled

for her. She and her allies have worked hard to oust the racist jerks who tried so desperately to control Costa Mesa

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread