HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Matt Taibbe Rolling Stone...

Thu Nov 8, 2018, 05:36 PM

Matt Taibbe Rolling Stone Bernie interview

Sanders warned against complacency and insisted it would be a “very, very serious mistake” if Democrats did not at least try to pass progressive legislation, so as to call Trump’s populist bluff. Failure to do so, he implied, would mean ceding vital territory to Trump, a man with “no core beliefs.”
"I think the Washington Post is going to be very surprised at who shows up on the first day of Congress and gets sworn in, because that is going to be the most progressive freshman class in the modern history of the United States. Many of these folks are not just women, not just people of color, who campaigned on Medicare-for-all, raising the minimum wage to 15 bucks, campaigned on making public colleges and universities tuition-free, of undoing Trump’s tax breaks for billionaires. The political establishment notwithstanding, the future belongs to progressives."

"[W]hat the Democrats have got to do. They’ve got to raise the minimum wage to 15 bucks an hour, they’ve got to make public colleges tuition-free and they’ve got to lower student debt. All of these proposals are enormously popular. And they’re good public policy."

"I believe it’s terribly important that the Democrats come out of the gate full-steam ahead and start passing really good legislation that puts Trump and the Republicans on the defensive."

my two cents:
The voters have a hard time seeing the difference between the parties, through all the mud and lies. Young people especially challenge us to explain the difference between the parties. They voted for Democrats and turned out in large numbers because we are the only alternative. But if we don't deliver progressive policies, they'll just say, See? No difference.
Both parties are beholden to the plutocrats due to the cost of running for office. Let's try progressive change now.

whoops, forgot the link:
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/taibbi-bernie-sanders-interview-753484/

6 replies, 244 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Matt Taibbe Rolling Stone Bernie interview (Original post)
FromMissouri Nov 8 OP
redstatebluegirl Nov 8 #1
dlk Nov 8 #2
OilemFirchen Nov 8 #3
WhiskeyGrinder Nov 8 #4
obamanut2012 Nov 8 #5
BannonsLiver Nov 8 #6

Response to FromMissouri (Original post)

Thu Nov 8, 2018, 05:39 PM

1. I am so very sick of Bernie. Senator, go into that quiet night.

Do your thing in Senate, but don't try to get us to take you as a Democrat again it won't work.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Nov 8, 2018, 05:57 PM

2. It's Arrogant and Offensive to Instruct the Democratic Party What to Do

Bernie doesn’t care to join the Democratic Party. He doesn’t have any legitimate reason to give them instructions. Time for him to move on.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2018, 06:28 PM

3. Meh.

BTW, fuck Matt Taibbi, too.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2018, 06:30 PM

4. *hide thread*

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2018, 06:44 PM

5. Matt Taibbe lolz

Reply to this post

Response to obamanut2012 (Reply #5)

Thu Nov 8, 2018, 06:49 PM

6. Two people i can't stand.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread