HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Just realized that betwee...

Wed Nov 7, 2018, 07:27 PM

Just realized that between PA & NJ alone, 8 seats in the House were flipped

One third of the seats needed to flip the House were provided by just 2 states. NJ now has a congressional delegation that is 11-1 Democratic.

4 replies, 274 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Just realized that between PA & NJ alone, 8 seats in the House were flipped (Original post)
Jersey Devil Nov 7 OP
lindysalsagal Nov 7 #1
Jersey Devil Nov 7 #3
manor321 Nov 7 #2
Jersey Devil Nov 7 #4

Response to Jersey Devil (Original post)

Wed Nov 7, 2018, 07:30 PM

1. My read on that: The NJ who voted gop thought it would save them money. Now, they know they won't.

Because they are liberal by nature, and know that the gop will never give a crap about their healthcare or infrastructure or finances.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to lindysalsagal (Reply #1)

Wed Nov 7, 2018, 07:38 PM

3. Believe me, they know it big time

I moved to NC from NJ two years ago. The taxes on the home I lived in there were $16,000 when I left. On top of that I paid NJ state income tax. Trump's "tax cut" limits the deductions you can take on your federal tax return to $10,000 for real estate and state taxes.

Had I continued to live in NJ this year I would lose deductions for $6,000 in real estate taxes plus the deduction for state income taxes.

It will cost average NJ homeowners, who have the highest real estate taxes in the nation, thousands of dollars every year for additional federal taxes. Most know about it now, but the ones who were not paying attention will find out about it from their accountants before next April 15. After that, a Republican will not be able to get elected in NJ even as a dog catcher working for no salary.

Reply to this post

Response to Jersey Devil (Original post)

Wed Nov 7, 2018, 07:34 PM

2. And remember, PA was de-gerrymandered by the PA Democratic Supreme Court

Reply to this post

Response to manor321 (Reply #2)

Wed Nov 7, 2018, 07:42 PM

4. I know, and it is my hope that my Dem NC Supreme Court will do the same thing

The federal courts have ordered NC to reapportion. In fact, they wanted it done for this election, but an appeals court said it was too late to act before the election. Well, the election is over so let's get to it.

Instead of 10-3 Repub our delegation should be about evenly split based on registrations. I want that to happen ASAP and yesterday's election gave us a NC supreme court that is Democratic, so I think it will finally happen.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread