HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I hope some short-sighted...

Tue Nov 6, 2018, 11:40 PM

I hope some short-sighted people don't decide to reward Nancy Pelosi for her great success

by calling for her to step down from leadership.

The reason Trump and the Rethugs hate her is because she's so EFFECTIVE. Their contempt for her is a dumb reason for us to dump her just after she's led us to victory in the House.

And one thing that makes her effective is that she knows that she has a COALITION and not everybody in the coalition comes from a district as liberal as hers. So she makes some compromises to meet the needs of her most vulnerable members, in order to hold her majority together.

Please don't condemn her for that!

6 replies, 581 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply I hope some short-sighted people don't decide to reward Nancy Pelosi for her great success (Original post)
pnwmom Nov 6 OP
eleny Nov 6 #1
monmouth4 Nov 6 #2
still_one Nov 6 #3
Wintryjade Nov 6 #4
Wounded Bear Nov 6 #5
2naSalit Nov 7 #6

Response to pnwmom (Original post)

Tue Nov 6, 2018, 11:42 PM

1. I'm with you

She can keep a caucus together and she's fearless. Love her so much. Liberals rock!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Nov 6, 2018, 11:45 PM

2. Me too, she's awesome, effective and very knowledgeable..

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 6, 2018, 11:46 PM

3. Pelosi will be not only be the leader immediately, but will be working to groom and transition

a new leader to assume that role in an organized way.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 6, 2018, 11:50 PM

4. I am very comfortable with her going forward, with her gavel, as we see where all of us land in the

world of a little power for a change. She is smart though. So, even saying she would transition, I am sure that will be when she is ready, not when the few want her to.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 6, 2018, 11:53 PM

5. Looks like Nancy has a plan...

she'll be Speaker, but it looks like she wants to set up an orderly transition to the next speaker. Not sure who she has in mind, but I trust her.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2018, 12:23 AM

6. The reason she stays in the leadership role is because

she gets shit done and she has a way of rallying the members to vote for crucial legislation and she's a great negotiator. I don't always agree with her, like I wish we had charged wcheney with their war crimes, but she has been so effective on so many issues that I won't hold that against her, she wasn't the only one who made that decision.

Besides, If we end up getting the current two assholes out of the WH in the near future, she'd be the next in line for the presidency, and if that happened, I'd be wanting her in that position.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread