HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Most of the republicans a...

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 07:09 AM

Most of the republicans are about to be swept out of power and into extinction. Mark my words..

Forgive me in dropping seeds of positive thinking... and believing thoughts have power...

I know how a lot of us feel... I cannot write it ... I would sound like them.

-We have the majority popular vote...
-The media is more on our side then in the "W" era ..they call out Trumps lies daily...
-Even Chris Mathews "tweety" sounds liberal now.
-He has not started a war ..yet
-People hate him ...he attacks everyone... press is not on his side...
-His base is small and ignorant.
-fooled a lot of them to get elected...now they see their mistake..
-Polling is showing a big win for dems.
-he has been mocked endlessly on late night comedy
-a lot of republicans are saying to vote dem
-people want health care and now that they know what Obama-care is they love it...
-pubs are running on nothing but a bunch of women and children escaping brutal regimes...
-pubs are stupid... they are no masters at politics...you can only lie so much ..Peter and the wolf..
-The face of the pubs is ugly..
-women are really pissed off

News is blocking his message ..and we are reminded of school shootings and right wing nut crazies...

We will take the house at the very least and perhaps sweep the senate of the scumbags as well..

-Mueller ..lets not forget about him...

History always shows the midterms against the party holding the presidency...

Much more...

We will win... and stop this horrible abomination of a president that makes "W" look like a good guy.

72 replies, 5446 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 72 replies Author Time Post
Reply Most of the republicans are about to be swept out of power and into extinction. Mark my words.. (Original post)
wroberts189 Oct 2018 OP
CentralMass Oct 2018 #1
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #25
CentralMass Oct 2018 #61
Rizen Oct 2018 #2
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #26
Garrett78 Oct 2018 #68
LBM20 Oct 2018 #60
Joe941 Oct 2018 #3
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #27
elocs Oct 2018 #4
zanana1 Oct 2018 #15
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #29
Butterflylady Oct 2018 #21
lunatica Oct 2018 #53
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #55
kag Oct 2018 #62
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #28
ginnyinWI Oct 2018 #5
Scarsdale Oct 2018 #6
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #30
watoos Oct 2018 #7
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #24
Tarc Oct 2018 #48
bucolic_frolic Oct 2018 #8
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #32
The Liberal Lion Oct 2018 #9
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #51
randr Oct 2018 #10
watoos Oct 2018 #14
randr Oct 2018 #37
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #33
emanymton69 Oct 2018 #11
colsohlibgal Oct 2018 #17
randr Oct 2018 #39
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #36
highplainsdem Oct 2018 #12
jalan48 Oct 2018 #13
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #38
bucolic_frolic Oct 2018 #16
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #49
elmac Oct 2018 #18
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #46
Ligyron Oct 2018 #19
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #40
Ligyron Oct 2018 #69
sunonmars Oct 2018 #20
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #45
lancelyons Oct 2018 #22
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #44
Puppyjive Oct 2018 #23
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #43
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #50
skypilot Oct 2018 #31
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #41
IronLionZion Oct 2018 #34
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #42
malaise Oct 2018 #35
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #54
Garrett78 Oct 2018 #47
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #57
Garrett78 Oct 2018 #59
democratisphere Oct 2018 #52
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #56
democratisphere Oct 2018 #58
duforsure Oct 2018 #63
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #64
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #66
mtnsnake Oct 2018 #65
wroberts189 Oct 2018 #67
WinstonSmith4740 Oct 2018 #70
bermudat Oct 2018 #71
Nictuku Oct 2018 #72

Response to wroberts189 (Original post)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 07:22 AM

1. Pass me some your meds please.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to CentralMass (Reply #1)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:27 AM

25. If you give me some of yours lol

Reply to this post

Response to wroberts189 (Reply #25)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:26 AM

61. It's a deal ;-) i hope your optimism pans out.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 07:34 AM

2. I hope you're right

but I'm really worried. We're fighting a fascist take over. Republicans have rigged the government through gerrymandering, fixing voting machines like in Texas, kicking people off voter registries like in Georgia, voter suppression through intimidation, gun violence, having an electoral collage and government structure that gives power to areas with less people (NY and North Dakota have the same amount of Senators), etc, etc.
We can't get trapped in a liberal bubble either. I've talked to a lot of people and many people don't care. Just because people don't like Trump does not mean they're smart enough to vote Democrat to make it better. People have a mental disconnect to voting; they either don't vote or vote for a 3rd party due to apathy and false equivalencies. Republican propaganda and fear mongering works; all they have to do is get people mad about something that's not even illegal like Clinton's emails. They lie all the time about how the economy's doing and blame democrats for their own messes, like the tariffs, and people are stupid and don't know what to believe. Then you have single issue voters who don't like abortion and support Republicans no matter what they do.

The bottom line is we must vote and get everyone possible to vote like our lives depend on it.

Reply to this post

Response to Rizen (Reply #2)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:29 AM

26. If I am not right ... god help us all.

Reply to this post

Response to wroberts189 (Reply #26)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 11:12 AM

68. There's a realistic middle ground between your prediction and disaster.

An 80% incumbent re-election rate would be considered very low. We simply aren't going to see most Republicans swept out of office. But we can realistically take back the House.

Reply to this post

Response to Rizen (Reply #2)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:26 AM

60. Worry is wasted energy. Just go vote and GOTV. And bring friends.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 07:34 AM

3. Agreed.

Reply to this post

Response to Joe941 (Reply #3)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:29 AM

27. Thank you

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 07:48 AM

4. Do you really think that the tens of millions of Trump supporters are going anywhere?

Yes, Democrats could take all of Congress and the White House but too many voters on the Left are fickle and become complacent needing to be excited and motivated to cast their ballots.
A big advantage that the right has over us is that they are vigilant, have a long term battle plan, and vote like it is their duty.
I just don't see "most" Republicans being swept from office though, marked words or not.

Reply to this post

Response to elocs (Reply #4)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:37 AM

15. Republicans use hatred as their energy drink.

That's what gets them to the polls.

Reply to this post

Response to zanana1 (Reply #15)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:34 AM

29. They have the memory span of 2 days...

That is why grump is complaining about not getting news coverage

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:15 AM

21. Hitler thought his reign would be forever

Hitler had a 1,000 year plan too and look what happened to his plan along with him. Didn't work out so good did it? I have hope for this country despite what is happening now and how some are filled with doom and gloom. I guess I'm just a person who sees the glass half full when others see the glass half empty.

Reply to this post

Response to Butterflylady (Reply #21)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:05 AM

53. I'm a consistent optimist too

I think it has to do with understanding that all things happen in stages and increments and acknowledging that history is replete with examples of good things prevailing.

The odds we are facing now are not anything like what MLK Jr faced or the Civil War or the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor. Yet we came through all these as a stronger nation.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:10 AM

55. and grump is a cornered animal..he is going down and if i may be so bold may be charged with crimes

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:28 AM

62. Another fellow optimist here!

And I'm putting a lot of my faith in the younger generation. My kids are 20 and 22, and while they love arguing with my hubby and me, they might be even more liberal than we are (and THAT is saying something).

They worry A LOT about climate change--so worried that they don't drive. They live in a city about an hour away, and they use public transportation exclusively. They are terrified of drugs and alcohol; my 22-year-old son brags that he has never allowed alcohol to pass his lips (even though their parents regularly drink wine and beer in front of them). They give money to people on the streets, and don't understand why we have to have people living on the streets. They worry about their friends, and help them when they can. They worry A LOT about gun violence. Even though they haven't been involved in a mass shooting, gun violence has touched their lives, and they truly don't get why anyone needs an AR15.

And they VOTE.

And they don't just vote because Mom and Dad said to. They consider it a responsibility. To them, as well as many of their friends, not voting would be, well...stupid.

I know young voters are not "likely" voters, but I truly believe that that is changing as of this year. My optimistic hope is that all of these polls are discounting what I think will be the biggest surprise of all--young people making a difference at the ballot box.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:32 AM

28. Hopefully not on election day.

I talk to a lot of people everyday and they are really p offed.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:03 AM

5. As long as we all come out and vote!

But you know it's more than Trump. It's the culture and conditions that allowed him to get power in the first place. There will be another and another until it changes.

Reply to this post

Response to ginnyinWI (Reply #5)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:08 AM

6. The gop is enabling this horror.

When Mueller releases his report, there should be plenty of info. about the Russian money sent to the gop. They all took it, Ryan, McConnell and the repug. party leaders. They ALL need to go, the sooner the better. They are well aware that tRump is a sub par human being, but they do not care, he is doing everything they want done.

Reply to this post

Response to ginnyinWI (Reply #5)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:35 AM

30. Seen the new records being set of early voting numbers?

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:08 AM

7. OMG, "the press is not on his side,"

that one made me laugh out loud even though it isn't funny. Trump was elected and exists in power mainly because of the complicit corporate M$M.

Reply to this post

Response to watoos (Reply #7)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:27 AM

24. Name them....

That was then this is now

Msnbc ..from Morning Joe to Chris Hayes to Rachel to Lawrence M. to David Williams non-stop anti-trump

Washington post ... they really took offense to one of their Journalist being brutully murdered.

NY times total exposure on the tax cheat..repeated a second time

CNN... had to evacuate their building ... a favorite target of grump... headline banners trump lies daily

Back in the "W" days it was not like this... they were all like .."we need to be fair and balanced"...now they tell it like it is.

Reply to this post

Response to watoos (Reply #7)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:54 AM

48. "the complicit corporate M$M"

That's a prime talking point of the alt-right and the Susan Sarandon extreme left.

You're in the wrong place, son.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:10 AM

8. In swing districts with very close races

I suggest we all buy a round of drinks, with dinner if necessary, for a Republican on Monday November 5.

A drunk with a hangover can't drive, and might forget to vote.

Reply to this post

Response to bucolic_frolic (Reply #8)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:37 AM

32. and spike it with grain alcohol like our new supreme court judge did lol

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:23 AM

9. I admire your optimism but I believe it's overwrought

Sure, I'm already known here as Debbie Downer, but my attitude is drawn from a certain reality. In 2008 the GOP was a dead and dying party. They had once again destroyed the economy and almost brought our country to complete economic collapse. We said then, they would become a regional party with only receiving votes from a small, aging contingent. Now, they hold majorities in every branch of federal government, and the majorities of governorship and state assemblies. They have the security instrument of the state on their side (police, military), they are supported by the religious fundamentalist, and the industrialist are at their beck and call. They have a very efficient propaganda machine, to which we seem unable to counter. This is the true foundation of power. When I look at the political landscape today I do see this small, aging contingent, but I as well see a large young contingent. While it is true democrats have the registration advantage, that advantage is obliterated by gerrymandering, voter suppression and plain apathy. Our responses thusfar to the atrocities committed by trump and his nazis can be described as tepid as best. Every time trump and the GOP go too far, we keep moving the red line further back. Even our chosen politicians keep moving to the right. Again, I admire your optimism, but I believe it is unwarranted. I say this only that you, and those who will read this will prepare themselves for the actualities of what is coming, and be ready for the appropriate actions to carry out. This is no longer a matter of casting a ballot. This has become a matter of what dear Malcolm X would have said "By Any Means Necessary". I'm not saying to give up hope. Nope, keep hope. I'm saying stop dreaming and accept reality. Only then will you be ready to act as you should in response to this evil we are experiencing.

Reply to this post

Response to The Liberal Lion (Reply #9)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:01 AM

51. Its a different ball game now..grump went too far radical..people are seing through the fog of lies

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:24 AM

10. As long as we keep a close eye on the machinery that is counting the votes

Reports from Texas of flipped votes are deeply troubling. I hope the media picks up on this in a manner to cause people to be vigilant rather than totally alarmed.

Reply to this post

Response to randr (Reply #10)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:35 AM

14. Pretty hard to keep a close eye on machines

that are never independently audited. The owners claim software is proprietary, you know, 1+1=3 if it's Republican votes.

Reply to this post

Response to watoos (Reply #14)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:41 AM

37. From what I have learned people are able to check at the time they vote

Reply to this post

Response to randr (Reply #10)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:39 AM

33. This is the only valid counter argument....

whatever happened to bev and blackbox voting and diebold... once Obama got in I needed a break from the news..I felt safe

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:30 AM

11. We Can only hope! ... But,

Paraphrasing Stalin, "Who counts the vote, matters."
And with this administration NOTHING is off the table. They will try to fix the election.

Reply to this post

Response to emanymton69 (Reply #11)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:39 AM

17. Bingo

That worries me, why Dems donít push for more reliable and secure voting methods is beyond me.

That said it looks pretty good for us to at least take the House despite the ridiculous issue of gerrymandering.

Reply to this post

Response to colsohlibgal (Reply #17)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:43 AM

39. If we can count all the money spent each and every day

We sure as hell should be able to count votes every few years.

Reply to this post

Response to emanymton69 (Reply #11)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:41 AM

36. another valid counter argument but with overwhelming numbers of blue voters..kinda hard to do

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:33 AM

12. Would agree with you IF there were no gerrymandering, voter suppression, or RW media.

Right wingers have been working for decades to make their rule-by-minority majority-proof, and to blind their brainwashed base to reason and facts the mainstream media offer them.

I still think Dems can overcome this, if Dems and sympathetic independents vote in large enough numbers.

And if the elections results aren't hacked.

And if the GOP doesn't challenge Democratic wins, which news reports a few days ago said the WH is already planning to do.

Dems SHOULD win.

Our elected officials SHOULD reflect the views of the majority of the people, with fair representation of minorities.

But the GOP has made the system as skewed as possible against Democrats.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:33 AM

13. We heard the same argument leading up to the 2016 election. It didn't work out that way.

Reply to this post

Response to jalan48 (Reply #13)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:43 AM

38. The news media has changed... the ACA sunk in to americans and they said wait a tic...we like this

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:38 AM

16. I only agree with 2 or 3 of your points

The only positives I see relative to 2016 are 1) there is less social media foreign manipulation because companies have cracked down, real citizens have better educated voters, and most importantly we are aware of it; and 2) Republicans are having trouble finding a scapegoat to replace their demonization of HRC in 2016. There are no waves of "emails!" and "corrupt" being thrown at us, except by Trump himself who has little if any credibility on the issue of corruption.

These were deciding factors in 2016, if the vote was indeed accurately counted. They do not exist today for the most part.

By the way, yes, women are pissed off, Trump is mocked on late night TV (liberal audience), Trump hasn't started a war, and people want healthcare. But 2016 polls showed a big win for HRC.

The biggest enemy of all of this is Democratic voter apathy. If our millennials don't vote, we are teetering on the brink. Grab those you know and SHAKE THEM THIS WEEK!!!

Reply to this post

Response to bucolic_frolic (Reply #16)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:55 AM

49. Don't discount the young...remember the last school shootings and the marches by students?

But yes I have seen what you say

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:50 AM

18. Last count showed that over 10% of eligable voters were purged from the rolls

by fascist state governments. The fascists are also using scare tactics to keep people from voting, using voting machines that can and will be hacked. We also have billions of dollars of PAC money working against us, an unfriendly corporate media who are strongly biased toward fascism, Russian and other foreign agents working against us. Its going to be an uphill battle to the very end just to take the House.

Reply to this post

Response to elmac (Reply #18)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:53 AM

46. These tactics are all getting exposed ..and delt with... hopefully enough

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:58 AM

19. While the gerrymandering, suppression of D voters and machine rigging is a problem.

Without the hated HRC boogeyman and an Oct surprise like Comey provided, the GrOPers are not going to be as successful with just migrants as a replacement.

We'll take the House minus some ridiculous interference and may make inroads on the Senate.

GOTV!!

Reply to this post

Response to Ligyron (Reply #19)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:44 AM

40. They took action on Georgia fast ..ACLU..and stopped the thrown away ballots...

Reply to this post

Response to wroberts189 (Reply #40)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 11:24 AM

69. Thank the Goddess for the ACLU!

Those who can should donate when they can.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:59 AM

20. Nevada is starting to look very good, the dem firewall in Clark is building quite well.

Reply to this post

Response to sunonmars (Reply #20)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:51 AM

45. Billionaire Steyer is about to drop another 16 million into this

even the rich have a clue ...stock market has tanked...lost all its gains for the year

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:15 AM

22. Only if we play hard ball.

Dems are the kind that will get into the Senate... with a Dem president and be convinced to go back to the 60 vote rule for Supreme Court justices just to show they are willing to meet half way.

The Cons will take advantage of that.

We need to play hard ball.

Not illegal or deplorable ball but HArD Tough ball.

Reply to this post

Response to lancelyons (Reply #22)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:49 AM

44. agreed ..this time the dems need to show some spine..and they are..Obama and Biden are out there

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:22 AM

23. We lost the last election

I am not so sure we have this one in the bag. I don't believe the polls anymore. They got it wrong last time. Trying not to be a Debbie Downer.

Reply to this post

Response to Puppyjive (Reply #23)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:48 AM

43. People are sick of that disgusting fraud. He is ugly and mean...

Reply to this post

Response to Puppyjive (Reply #23)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:57 AM

50. and Hillary is not part of the equation

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:36 AM

31. out of power and into extinction

As much as I would love for this to happen I really wish that people would stop saying things like this. I've been here at DU since 2001 and I've lost count of how many times people have said things like "The GOP is done", "The GOP is dead", "The GOP is going down in flames", "Stick a fork in them, they're done", etc, etc.

And look at where we are today with all three branches of the government. The GOP should be swept out of power and into extinction but what usually happens is the the GOP as we know it at the time dies off bit by bit and is replaced by something far worse.

Reply to this post

Response to skypilot (Reply #31)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:46 AM

41. We are off the map..uncharted waters this time... nothing is "normal" anymore

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:40 AM

34. I hope we take both houses, including the Senate

then impeachment and removal of the festering pile of toxic shit is inevitable.

Reply to this post

Response to IronLionZion (Reply #34)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:46 AM

42. Aye!!

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:40 AM

35. I think you're right

Vote them out

Reply to this post

Response to malaise (Reply #35)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:06 AM

54. Aye!!

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 09:53 AM

47. The vast majority of incumbents will be re-elected as always.

I'm hopeful, though, that we will gain control of the House.

Reply to this post

Response to Garrett78 (Reply #47)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:14 AM

57. The normal dynamics have all changed... and nothing is certain except change

Reply to this post

Response to wroberts189 (Reply #57)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:18 AM

59. The re-election rate will likely be lower than normal, but still very high.

You have to understand that the re-election rate is always over 80%. And often around 90%.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:02 AM

52. Overconfidence gets nobody anywhere!

It was a lock in 2016 that turned out not to be a lock. The world hasn't changed much from then to now!

Reply to this post

Response to democratisphere (Reply #52)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:12 AM

56. Confidence is how you get anywhere..

Reply to this post

Response to wroberts189 (Reply #56)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:16 AM

58. There is no way to control the RW propaganda machine and

alter the minds of CONald's Cult.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:45 AM

63. They've really screwed themselves over allowing putin and trump to undermine them

Making them all white nationalists now, and allowing themselves to be so compromised and selling us all out. The Republican party is done, and they'll never recover after the American people get done with them. I suspect many will be held accountable , and be sent to prison after its all exposed. They should be very scared.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:49 AM

64. I will double my bet .. mark my words.. Beto O'rourke is gonna send Cruz to the unemployment line!!

Reply to this post

Response to wroberts189 (Reply #64)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 11:08 AM

66. Even the pubs will cheer that one.. damn microwave fish fryer lol

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 10:52 AM

65. Yes, positive thoughts most certainly do have power. Thank you for this EXCELLENT post! n/t

Reply to this post

Response to mtnsnake (Reply #65)

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 11:08 AM

67. Thank you :)

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 12:19 PM

70. I used to think I hated Bush until Drumph came along.

"...and stop this horrible abomination of a president that makes "W" look like a good guy.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 01:11 PM

71. From your lips to God's ear

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 28, 2018, 08:14 PM

72. Thank You!

Reply to this post