HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » There are five threads co...

Fri Oct 19, 2018, 07:10 AM

There are five threads complaining about MORNING JOE today...

Joe and Mikeaare deeply appreciative at having such a a large and reliable viewership.....

12 replies, 1043 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply There are five threads complaining about MORNING JOE today... (Original post)
brooklynite Oct 2018 OP
Cary Oct 2018 #1
Hortensis Oct 2018 #6
Cary Oct 2018 #7
Hortensis Oct 2018 #8
Atman Oct 2018 #11
Cary Oct 2018 #12
hlthe2b Oct 2018 #2
jberryhill Oct 2018 #3
cwydro Oct 2018 #4
WeekiWater Oct 2018 #5
ProfessorGAC Oct 2018 #9
Atman Oct 2018 #10

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Fri Oct 19, 2018, 07:12 AM

1. Their guests are often good

I just turned it on and will leave for work in a few minutes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Cary (Reply #1)

Fri Oct 19, 2018, 08:18 AM

6. Their guests sing their song if they want to be invited back.

If any guest went even further and called them out on a lie, he or she would risk the real possibility of being blackballed from MSNBC programming, at least daytime programming. It's been a long time since I've watched enough to identify and witness a purging, but it used to happen. I imagine all wannabe pundits these days have heard of a few and understand the roles they are required to play, including who they badmouth on the left.

Please realize that those who refuse to play those parts are far more numerous, and I recommend seeking them out.

Reply to this post

Response to Hortensis (Reply #6)

Fri Oct 19, 2018, 08:31 AM

7. I haven't noticed that, actually.

I have other sources. That isn't a problem.

It was interesting to hear Mika on Stephanie Miller's show last week. Stephanie went easy on Mika. The callers after Mika was done were not fooled by Mika at all. I don't recall details but they saw right through Mika's mealymouth schtick.

Reply to this post

Response to Cary (Reply #7)

Fri Oct 19, 2018, 08:42 AM

8. :) I can imagine.

As for not seeing it, of course. There was a time early on when I watched Joe every morning, and some of the other shows also routinely. Now I watch none, but I don't expect it's happening. Ruin of a TV pundit career by calling out approved, group-think lies against Democrats, or against Republicans for that matter, is not what these people are there for.

Even someone like Bob Woodward, when pushing his latest book in 2016, had to buy his way on by using his appearance to compare Hillary's emails to the Watergate crimes, which he did dutifully every show all day for weeks.

Reply to this post

Response to Cary (Reply #7)

Fri Oct 19, 2018, 09:07 AM

11. I don't believe Mika and Joe aren't still friends with Trumpsky.

When he's trashing the media, you never hear Trump mention MSNBC -- although they're supposed to be the crazy liberal channel. He's always pointing out other media sources, though. Joe and Mika were friends with Trump for years. I have no problem believing they discussed this whole shtick with Trump beforehand. "We have to, Sir. It will really help us in the ratings, and we'll still talk about you every day. It might not always be positive, but we'll balance it out. We've got your back."

Joe Scarborough is as slimy as they come, and he was when he was in Congress, a toady for Bush. All he's ever wanted was a job in the White House, and he ruined that by (allegedly) killing his intern. It's such a mess it's actually kinda fun to watch.

Reply to this post

Response to Atman (Reply #11)

Fri Oct 19, 2018, 09:11 AM

12. I think that is quite possible

I take it all with a grain of salt.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 19, 2018, 07:13 AM

2. It appears viewer/posters tuned out immediately after seeing the tone/tenor/direction of the show

--in all the threads I saw (remember the first hour repeats in the last hour), so DUers just tuning in would have seen that and posted.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 19, 2018, 07:13 AM

3. The show is awful and not nearly long enough!

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 19, 2018, 07:56 AM

4. Nothing new here lol.

Never fails to amuse me.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 19, 2018, 08:16 AM

5. And one thread complaining about the complaints.

Beats promoting propaganda that trashes Democrats.

Reply to this post

Response to WeekiWater (Reply #5)

Fri Oct 19, 2018, 08:57 AM

9. Well Played! (nt)

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 19, 2018, 08:59 AM

10. There is nothing wrong with hearing what the enemy is saying.

Besides, any way you look at it, it's a far better program for political/news junkies than Fox & Friends, or Good Morning America with their cooking and fashion segments. So what if we criticize what the Morning Joe douche bags are saying? As the new MSNBC slogas says: "This is why you watch." It's hard to turn away from a train wreck.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread