HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » ACLU Fights Back as Trump...

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 03:12 PM

ACLU Fights Back as Trump Pushes 'Stealth Proposal' to Limit Public's Right to Protest

ACLU Fights Back as Trump Pushes 'Stealth Proposal' to Limit Public's Right to Protest Outside White House

As the Trump administration and the Republican-controlled Congress face mass protests in Washington, D.C. against their attacks on healthcare, immigrants, women, and the pooróas well as well as their support for white supremacists and men accused of sexual assaultócivil liberties advocates are speaking out against an "unconstitutional" National Park Service (NPS) proposal that would severely limit Americans' ability to protest near the White House and on the National Mall.

To read more:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/10/10/aclu-fights-back-trump-pushes-stealth-proposal-limit-publics-right-protest-outside?cd-

5 replies, 292 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply ACLU Fights Back as Trump Pushes 'Stealth Proposal' to Limit Public's Right to Protest (Original post)
guillaumeb Oct 11 OP
Gothmog Oct 11 #1
Grasswire2 Oct 11 #2
guillaumeb Oct 11 #3
Grasswire2 Oct 11 #4
BigmanPigman Oct 11 #5

Response to guillaumeb (Original post)

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 03:14 PM

1. Yeah for the ACLU

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to guillaumeb (Original post)

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 03:23 PM

2. today is the day to join the aclu and lend YOUR voice to the cause of liberty

You can join for the cost of a couple of coffee drinks. (You can donate much more, of course, if you are able.)

Each voice added strengthens our protections.

www.aclu.org

Reply to this post

Response to Grasswire2 (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 03:26 PM

3. An excellent addition. Thank you. eom

Reply to this post

Response to guillaumeb (Reply #3)

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 03:28 PM

4. YW

kick

Reply to this post

Response to Grasswire2 (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 03:38 PM

5. I became a member when I saw

an ACLU lawyer defending the immigrant children who were kidnapped and held if detention facilities. Tjey saved humdreds of kids and arenstill fighting.

On another note...isn't there something in the Bill of Rights about assembling in groups being part of our country's foundation? I am probably thinking of a different country or govt, it can't possibly be ours.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread