HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Global stocks tumble afte...

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 08:33 AM

Global stocks tumble after President Trump's 'crazy' comment about the Federal Reserve

AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE 11 OCT 2018 AT 04:13 ET

Asian markets plunged Thursday morning following the worst session on Wall Street for months, as US President Donald Trump said the Federal Reserve had “gone crazy” with plans for higher interest rates.

The benchmark Nikkei 225, the Hang Seng in Hong Kong and the Shanghai Composite all plummeted more than three percent in early morning trade, as investors fretted about surging interest rates and an ongoing trade war.

“All bets are off,” warned Stephen Innes, head of trading at OANDA, adding that the markets “are fraught with peril.”

“The US equity bloodbath is taking no prisoners in Asia as a sea of red greets investors at the open, as equity deleveraging and liquidation intensifies,” he said.

Taiwan plunged nearly six percent, with Seoul down three percent and Sydney and Singapore both falling two percent.

The steep drop in Asia followed a decline on Wall Street of nearly 830 points, the biggest fall since February, amid Trump’s latest criticism of the Federal Reserve, the US central bank.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/global-stocks-tumble-president-trumps-crazy-comment-federal-reserve/

4 replies, 686 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Global stocks tumble after President Trump's 'crazy' comment about the Federal Reserve (Original post)
workinclasszero Oct 11 OP
Achilleaze Oct 11 #1
htuttle Oct 11 #2
greymattermom Oct 11 #3
get the red out Oct 11 #4

Response to workinclasszero (Original post)

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 08:40 AM

1. Thanks a diaperload, Dirty Donny* (R)

This is another colossal, stinking mess you and your KGOP republicans have created. Sick and sad. republicans should stick to lying about climate change and drunken sex predators since that's where they have the most expertise.

* aka republican Draft-Dodger-in-Chief

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 08:41 AM

2. I bet he's short on a bunch of stocks

That would explain why he called yesterday's drop 'a correction' instead of blaming it on Obama again -- he probably made money on it.

Reply to this post

Response to htuttle (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 08:50 AM

3. Every time they crash the market

I think that a few folks know ahead of time. It's just another money making scheme for them, now that Trump properties aren't doing so well. If that's true, it will come roaring back soon, so the rest of us should buy.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 10:14 AM

4. I knew this was coming

One way or another, I knew Trump would screw up the economy, just a matter of time. The tariffs and now this. The man radiates the stench of FAIL!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread