HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Rachel showed Flake makin...

Wed Oct 3, 2018, 09:32 PM

Rachel showed Flake making statements that don't add up...

The theme of her story was about other things besides possible sexual predation that might derail the Kava-no confirmation. She included relatively new footage of Jeff Flake saying he was really bothered by the lack of judicial temperament shown by Kav during the hearing last week and how we can't have that on the court. YET HE HAD ANNOUNCED A YES VOTE just prior to the elevator confrontation. So why, if temperament is a problem for him, was he going to be a yes?

4 replies, 1277 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rachel showed Flake making statements that don't add up... (Original post)
madguy2000 Oct 2018 OP
madaboutharry Oct 2018 #1
JHan Oct 2018 #2
madguy2000 Oct 2018 #4
Jersey Devil Oct 2018 #3

Response to madguy2000 (Original post)

Wed Oct 3, 2018, 09:39 PM

1. Maybe his friend Sen. Coons has been talking to him

about how Kavanaugh is not the kind of person who should be on the court.

Sen. Murkowski in an interview with an Alaskan radio station also talked about his temperament and partisanship.

Maybe thatís what they want to hang their hats on. Apart from the allegations of sexual assault, he still doesnít belong on the court.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to madaboutharry (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 3, 2018, 09:40 PM

2. I think so too ++

Reply to this post

Response to madaboutharry (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 3, 2018, 09:56 PM

4. Anything they can use!

Whatever they need to torpedo the confirmation would be great. Just hope we're not getting our hopes up. The White House has cooked this thing so much that I doubt the "FBI Report" going to the Senate tomorrow is going to be the actual report. I'm sure some 'judicious' editing is happening tonight by one of the real bad actors here - Don McGahn.

Reply to this post

Response to madguy2000 (Original post)

Wed Oct 3, 2018, 09:40 PM

3. Flake said he was voting the nomination out of committee

but I don't think he ever said he would or would not vote to confirm. I don't see how his concern about Kavanaugh's demeanor would have caused him to vote no on sending the issue out of committee.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread