HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Meet The Republicans Newe...

Wed Sep 26, 2018, 10:04 AM

Meet The Republicans Newest Assistant: Rachel Mitchell

What We Know About Rachel Mitchell, the Arizona Prosecutor Set to Question Kavanaugh’s First Accuser

In her own words

In an interview with FrontLine Magazine, the journal of Foundations Baptist Fellowship International, published in 2012, Ms. Mitchell said she first became familiar with issues around child sex crimes when she was paired up with a senior attorney who was working a case involving a youth choir director accused of misconduct.

“It was different than anything that I would have ever imagined it being,” she said.“It intrigued me, and I continued to do other work with that bureau chief. It struck me how innocent and vulnerable the victims of these cases really were.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/us/rachel-mitchell-bio-facts.html

Interview Between Mitchell and Frontline

https://www.proclaimanddefend.org/2012/03/19/interview-with-rachel-mitchell-part-1/

Who is Rachel Mitchell, the Arizona prosecutor chosen to question Kavanaugh and his accuser?

For decades, the sex abuse scandal remained Mitchell’s most high-profile case. Then, on Tuesday night, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) announced that Mitchell had been chosen to question both Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, and Christine Blasey Ford. Ford has accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were teenagers, an allegation he denies. Mitchell will question them separately on Thursday during the Senate Judiciary Committee’s hearing, which will air live.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/09/26/who-is-rachel-mitchell-the-arizona-prosecutor-chosen-to-question-kavanaugh-and-his-accuser/?utm_term=.6642e6fc5c99

4 replies, 565 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Meet The Republicans Newest Assistant: Rachel Mitchell (Original post)
WeekiWater Sep 2018 OP
WhiskeyGrinder Sep 2018 #1
rzemanfl Sep 2018 #2
lapfog_1 Sep 2018 #3
ChazII Sep 2018 #4

Response to WeekiWater (Original post)

Wed Sep 26, 2018, 10:07 AM

1. "It struck me how innocent and vulnerable the victims of these cases really were."

Well, that doesn't sound weird at all.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Sep 26, 2018, 10:07 AM

2. Of all the counties in the country they pick Maricopa. Must be because it's so progressive.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 26, 2018, 10:11 AM

3. something more about her.

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/a-former-jehovahs-witness-elder-who-sexually-abused-a-teenager-gets-only-six-months-6450280

'Specific memories and timing — "time anchors" — are important in proving old sex crimes, Rachel Mitchell, sex crimes bureau chief for the Maricopa County Attorney's Office, tells New Times, because the age of the victim at the time of abuse can vastly alter sentencing guidelines.

"It's not uncommon for victims, especially teenage male victims, to tell you, 'I was this age when it happened,'" she says. "Then, when you get 'time anchors' from them, you find out they were actually older. It's a normal thing to do where you have a coping mechanism [in which] they imagine that they were younger, because, 'If I were older I wouldn't have let it happen.' I think that's probably a little bit of what you've got going on here."

Kevin, however, maintains that the abuse began when he was as young as 6 and went on throughout his teenage years. He estimates that Nelson sexually abused him on at least 30 occasions.'

----

When Kevin found out that his abuser was given 6 months in jail plus registration as a sex offender... he tried to commit suicide twice.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 26, 2018, 11:24 AM

4. bumping n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread