HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » That Juror Would Probably...

Thu Aug 23, 2018, 10:43 AM

That Juror Would Probably Vote To Convict Drumpf, Then She Would Vote For Him

She is the epitome of Drumpf's base.

6 replies, 877 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply That Juror Would Probably Vote To Convict Drumpf, Then She Would Vote For Him (Original post)
LandOfHopeAndDreams Aug 2018 OP
33taw Aug 2018 #1
joshcryer Aug 2018 #3
33taw Aug 2018 #5
MFM008 Aug 2018 #2
33taw Aug 2018 #6
MaryMagdaline Aug 2018 #4

Response to LandOfHopeAndDreams (Original post)

Thu Aug 23, 2018, 10:51 AM

1. I don't think that is fair to the juror. We don't know what she saw that caused her to not convict

Manafort. We also don’t know her party affiliation. There have been lots of cases where I wish someone would have been more thoughtful before convicting. It takes a lot of courage to stand up to 11 others and go against them. Would a conviction on all charges been nice, yes, but maybe the prosecution should have made it clearer what a “shell” company was and it would not have happened as it did.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 33taw (Reply #1)

Thu Aug 23, 2018, 11:48 AM

3. I think the OP is talking about Paula Duncan, the juror who voted to convict.

She had an interview on Fox News where she talked about it. She is a Trump supporter but argued that Manafort was 100% guilty on all counts. We haven't heard from the one holdout juror.

You can see Paula's interview here: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/23/manafort-juror-reveals-lone-holdout-prevented-mueller-team-from-winning-conviction-on-all-counts.html

She did a good job even if she's a Trump supporter.

I don't know about the holdout but the way Paula characterizes it she was very aloof.

Reply to this post

Response to joshcryer (Reply #3)

Thu Aug 23, 2018, 12:14 PM

5. Thanks for the info.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 23, 2018, 11:32 AM

2. Anyone

Who can ignore the evidence like that is a moron.
Hope thats fair enough....

Reply to this post

Response to MFM008 (Reply #2)

Thu Aug 23, 2018, 12:17 PM

6. Not sure I can judge, I didn't see all the evidence or how it was presented.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 23, 2018, 11:55 AM

4. In a weird way, I identify with her

Today, knowing what I know now, I would vote for a Dan Rostenkowski for President over Pence, Ryan, McConnell, Trump or any RWer that you can name. Someone like Rostenkowski would never hurt children, elderly and sick people the way this bunch of thugs have done and will continue to do. So ... policy does matter, even over issues of character.

I did vote against ONE Democrat in my lifetime, but that Democrat (Tallmadge) was a racist Dixiecrat thug who would have voted for Reagan's agenda 100%, so (my rationalization perhaps) I voted for the Repug who wasn't yet a crook.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread