HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » And yet another Anti-Semi...

Fri Aug 10, 2018, 04:09 AM

And yet another Anti-Semite won a republican primary. Congratulations.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/missouri-republican-wins-primary-state-representative-despite-claiming-hitler-right/

In 2017, West told a radio show that “looking back in history, unfortunately, Hitler was right about what was taking place in Germany. And who was behind it.”

Steve West, GOP nominee for MO House District 15, just said on the phone that his statement "Hitler was right about what was taking place in Germany" was taken out of context.

"You guys want to make it an issue you can go there, but I'm not going to comment on that."

There is no context necessary.

Hitler thought that there is a globalist conspiracy, run by the banks and corporations, but really controlled by the Jews, to bankrupt and take over a Germany reeling from economic depression.

And West thinks that Hitler was right about what was taking place and who was behind it.

What kind of context could there possibly be?

And the funniest thing is that the Alt-Right believes in exactly the same conspiracy-theory as the Nazis 90 years ago.

12 replies, 1330 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply And yet another Anti-Semite won a republican primary. Congratulations. (Original post)
DetlefK Friday OP
steve2470 Friday #1
Behind the Aegis Friday #2
Ezior Friday #4
Afromania Friday #3
Mc Mike Friday #5
leftyladyfrommo Friday #6
oberliner Friday #7
leftyladyfrommo Friday #8
oberliner Friday #9
leftyladyfrommo Friday #10
Jimbo S Friday #11
red dog 1 Friday #12

Response to DetlefK (Original post)

Fri Aug 10, 2018, 04:16 AM

1. just so f******g insane that neo-Nazis get this far in the political process

This is really dangerous stuff. We have to keep pushing them under their rocks.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Aug 10, 2018, 04:21 AM

2. Wrong group.

Few will care because it is related to Jews. It isn't just the alt-right who believes those conspiracy theories either. Horseshoes abound. Historically, whenever there is a conspiracy afoot, it is easy to find those who claim the Jews are behind it. If a Jew is anywhere near something bad, then they are the reason, the cause, the root of the problem, and suddenly, all Jews are responsible. A Jew gets attacked and the first question on the lips of many; what did s/he do? Or, well, we all know what the other excuse some love to peddle.

It is what it is.

Reply to this post

Response to Behind the Aegis (Reply #2)

Fri Aug 10, 2018, 04:51 AM

4. Correct.

Interestingly, there was a police situation recently in Germany, where a Muslim verbally attacked a Jew, and repeatedly took away the kippa he was wearing / threw it to the ground. Police responded and cuffed the Jew, and then proceeded to repeatedly hit the Jew in his face. When the situation was cleared up, they warned him not to file a police violence report, saying that nobody would believe him anyway because the police is always trustworthy.

Now, this time the police tactics failed: He's actually a Jewish professor from the US. So the public trusts his description of the incident.

Anyway, I noticed that even the hardcore right-wingers (AFD) in most discussions complain about anti-semitism in Germany. Of course they say that it's 100% an issue with our Muslim population (which is far from the truth, though there is a grain of truth of course) so we simply have to deport as many Muslims as possible to solve that issue. Obviously, once the Muslims are gone, hardcore right-wingers will find new reasons to "take care" of Jews, LGBTQ+, etc...

And sadly, kook-leftists (the ones that love Maduro and Putin, and hate the US) buy into all of the conspiracy theories about Soros, Jews in general, migration ("Jewish agenda to destroy our social safety net!" ), etc.

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 10, 2018, 04:36 AM

3. This is bullshit, there are just too many of these bastards getting close to elected positions.

They can't be written off as an anomoly of the right anymore. It's become almost certain that one of the people on the ballots in just about every state is an open bigot of to some degree. It time for folks to come to grips with the fact that these types are not outliers of the right. These people are the right and need to be confronted as such. Good people on both sides my ass, if they were so good they wouldn't keep voting for maniacs and psychos while shrugging at it like it was nothing.

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 10, 2018, 05:20 AM

5. These repugs are the exact same as the repugs in the US who loved hitler,

pre-WWII. Henry Ford was spreading the Protocols around here, and sending Hitler 50 K reichsmarks every year, for his birthday.

They did everything they could to back hitler, and keep us out of the war, back then.

After their hero lost the war, they repackaged themselves as birchers. Who took over the repug party entirely.

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 10, 2018, 06:12 AM

6. I know Steve West.

He started out as a realtor years ago. Then he started his own company called Old American. Big American flag on all his signs.

He has always been way out there on the edge. He has always been pretty out front about where he stands on stuff. I didn't know he had a radio show. I also didn't know his views were as far out there as they are on ither issues. I always just thought he was kind of a religious nut case.

I am surprised people voted for him. I don't think he stands a chance of winning. At least I hope not. I didn't even know he was running.

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 10, 2018, 07:41 AM

7. Raw Story doing it's usual rip off of someone else's reporting

Reply to this post

Response to oberliner (Reply #7)

Fri Aug 10, 2018, 09:10 AM

8. One of the headers on Google just called him a lunatic.

He must have gotten crazier over the years.

I saw him not too long ago. He banks where I do. He didn't seem any different than always. He is very outgoing. Always has a cheerful hello. But he is the kind of guy that you say " Hi, how you doing? Good. Great. Well, I have to run. People are waiting "

Reply to this post

Response to leftyladyfrommo (Reply #8)

Fri Aug 10, 2018, 09:13 AM

9. His YouTube videos sound pretty unhinged

Maybe he is just doing an act?

Reply to this post

Response to oberliner (Reply #9)

Fri Aug 10, 2018, 09:33 AM

10. I don't know. Maybe he really has gone that far over.

I think I first knew him in the 80's And I thought he was just a religious nutter then.

I haven't seen any ads for him but I don't watch TV.

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 10, 2018, 11:29 AM

11. A GOP with the same views running for Paul Ryan's seat in Wisconsin

Ran against him two years ago and got smoked. Running again and this time the seat is open.

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 10, 2018, 01:50 PM

12. Kick for exposure!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread