HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Do you think he uses 1984...

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 06:03 AM

Do you think he uses 1984 as his how to be a dictator instruction manual?

He has a substantial minority agreeing to ignore the evidence of their eyes and ears. In some ways it is a remarkable feat. Scary, but remarkable.

16 replies, 1792 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Soph0571 (Original post)

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 06:16 AM

1. No No No in Trump speak actually means Yes.

Those multiple negatives wouldn't you in Trump Speak like you wouldn't believe. It's all double plus good.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 06:32 AM

2. are you talking about Trump ? no, he doesn't read and i doubt he ever heard of the author and book

Reply to this post

Response to JI7 (Reply #2)

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 06:55 AM

3. Yeah, but there is the movie and the Classic Comic.

Reply to this post

Response to 3Hotdogs (Reply #3)

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 07:53 AM

7. There's never been any indication that Trump reads even Classic Comics.

We know he loves TV; at least Fox. If he's ever named a favorite film, I missed it. Movies DO require an attention span of about ninety minutes

Reply to this post

Response to maddiemom (Reply #7)

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 08:01 AM

10. No, but when he was a 'ute, CC's were all over. He might have used one to crib for an English test

and the one he used might have been 1984.

Reply to this post

Response to 3Hotdogs (Reply #3)

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 06:57 AM

4. it started way earlier than that

when he eagerly unwrapped is Li'l Dictator kit he got for Christmas when he was a boy.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 07:08 AM

5. No, but Bannon does...

... the guy never actually, "left the White House staff", and as far as I know, he has been doing the, "Grima Wormtongue", role all along. Well, it sure as bleep smells like it.

Reply to this post

Response to IthinkThereforeIAM (Reply #5)

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 07:55 AM

9. tRUMP IS easily lead around by his yuuuge ego. Flattery works on him.

From the "right" people, of course. He has no morals or principles or scruples. Others can mold him in their image. It helps that he's a racist misogynistic vengeful petty thin skinned vile POS, too. Much like those who advise him.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 07:40 AM

6. Trump's "schooling" has been in Russia.

The way Trump speaks about elites says that he is still angry that in spite of his wealth he was never accepted by the socially elite in New York (the old money). Trump has a grudge against the world because he has never been the richest, the smartest, or the most liked (i.e., he was never the darling of the press like handsome, rich, bright, has it all JFK, Jr.). It has been said that Trump is highly suggestible if you praise him while convincing him that he is the genius who came up with something you want him to do. According to a Politico article, Trump started going to Russia in 1987 looking for business oppqortunities. I doubt he would have met with Putin then, but he likely would have met, probably unknowlingly at that time, with intelligence agents. Over the years of Russian visits, and Russian contacts in New York, Russian intelligence could have moved him to his current point of view that the normal order of the world needs to be destroyed and that he can be the one to rule the new world with Putinís help, whatever that new world is because he has no idea. I think he is a willing Russian asset wooed with lots of money to bail him out of his financial difficulties in 2008 and lots of money since through his money laundering for Russian oligarchs. The most threatening compromat on Trump is specific proof of his illegal money laundering. Merely embarrassing compromat likely having sex with hookers would not affect his base of support, but proof of illegal activities would get him indicted. So he does whatever Putin tells him to do.

Reply to this post

Response to Lonestarblue (Reply #6)

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 08:04 AM

12. Trump's not accepted by the socially elite in FL, either.

Money's important, but it takes more than money be a part of their group. I read an article about it. One thing is...he doesn't contribute to their charities. And he doesn't go to charity balls, which is big w/that crowd.

They think he's a tightwad and unclassy. (Roseanne Barr with even more money.)

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 08:02 AM

11. I would, if Trump were a reader or movie goer. But it's coincidence, I think.

2 + 2 does not equal 4. Not if the party says it equals 5.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 08:14 AM

13. On his Rolling Blunder tour(s) he does seem to conduct a version of

the "Two Minute Hate" for shorter attention spans, most notably the "Lock Her Up" chant.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 08:18 AM

14. I believe the DIY manual in use by the SHOP is Animal Farm.

Some pigs are more equal than others.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 08:31 AM

15. Double think, all the time.

Clinton is Goldstein, his rallies are the 2 minute hate, (he does drone on for hours at them, though).

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 08:55 AM

16. Maybe

If he read a book.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread