HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » WTH? Trumpy supporters ar...

Fri Jul 20, 2018, 01:23 PM

WTH? Trumpy supporters are now thanking Russia for their meddling...

I am so disgusted with these Trumpskis! A new line of punditry is bubbling up among the presidentís followers online: It was a positive thing that the Russians hacked the 2016 election.

Skimming #MAGA Twitter, itís easy to see the outlines of the pro-Russian-meddling argument emerging: America interferes in other countriesí elections, so it canít be that bad; exposing Democratsí hacked emails was a victory for transparency; keeping Clinton out of office was so urgent and important that it warranted some foreign intervention.

Of course, the dangers of celebrating foreign interference in the American democratic processóregardless of which party benefitsóshould be self-evident. But thatís a slippery slope some Trump supporters donít seem afraid of tumbling down.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/07/trump-voters-putin-russia/565592/

4 replies, 1042 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply WTH? Trumpy supporters are now thanking Russia for their meddling... (Original post)
FM123 Jul 2018 OP
Jersey Devil Jul 2018 #1
thegoose Jul 2018 #2
bdamomma Jul 2018 #3
notdarkyet Jul 2018 #4

Response to FM123 (Original post)

Fri Jul 20, 2018, 01:27 PM

1. Interesting shift

It indicates to me that even if Mueller has solid proof of collusion by Trump himself Trumpers are willing to support him anyway since collusion is no big deal when for a good cause.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jul 20, 2018, 01:29 PM

2. Man, that article!

Dump-loving Hillary-haters are a pack of delusional inbred idjuts! They look at this bloated orange POS who hasn't done any discernable thing except drain the treasury and feed his rich pals and it inspires worship?

*&#%!*&^#)@(^!#&%!*%!!!!!!!

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 20, 2018, 01:31 PM

3. you know that these

supporters do not know history at all. I guess they want to learn how to speak Russian and drink vodka to kill the pain of their miserable lives. Sickening.

They are for an Ex-KGB'er, seems like tRump doesn't give a shit either. But Mr Putin is someone not to be fooled around with, tRump was definitely taped at that summit, and Putin could throw him under the bus.

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 20, 2018, 01:50 PM

4. They should move to Russia.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread