HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Hillary's e-mails

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 12:05 AM

Hillary's e-mails

So ... is it safe to conclude that the most powerful international spy ring in the world, motivated and desperate to defeat Hillary and her pro-sanctions platform, with the world’s most proficient hackers on their payroll, aimed their sights on Hillary and came up with absolutely zero?

22 replies, 2637 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 22 replies Author Time Post
Reply Hillary's e-mails (Original post)
MaryMagdaline Jul 2018 OP
NCTraveler Jul 2018 #1
rainin Jul 2018 #2
MaryMagdaline Jul 2018 #5
Blue_true Jul 2018 #18
Drake Notthesinger Jul 2018 #3
MaryMagdaline Jul 2018 #7
planetc Jul 2018 #4
MaryMagdaline Jul 2018 #6
rainin Jul 2018 #8
rainin Jul 2018 #9
MaryMagdaline Jul 2018 #10
rainin Jul 2018 #11
MaryMagdaline Jul 2018 #12
yardwork Jul 2018 #16
rainin Jul 2018 #17
yardwork Jul 2018 #20
rainin Jul 2018 #21
MaryMagdaline Jul 2018 #22
Hortensis Jul 2018 #13
MaryMagdaline Jul 2018 #14
yardwork Jul 2018 #15
MaryMagdaline Jul 2018 #19

Response to MaryMagdaline (Original post)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 12:13 AM

1. They weaponized it.

There was only a realativley small window of time to rebut all of the propoganda that flooded the media. Specially the new media.

I get your point and it is a very important one. But what they really got from the emails and collateral damage was the Presidency. They got nothing yet fully succeeded.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NCTraveler (Reply #1)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 02:42 AM

2. The OP is pointing out that she was clean.

Reply to this post

Response to rainin (Reply #2)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 07:51 AM

5. Yes, reading this this am, I see my point was a bit obtuse

I am amazed that she is that clean. No one ever is.

But yes, they got the presidency with all the obfuscation, lies and deceit.

Reply to this post

Response to NCTraveler (Reply #1)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 08:47 AM

18. Exactly. The truth didn't matter.

They cast doubt and pulled in a lot of gullible people.

Reply to this post

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 03:30 AM

3. let's not forget

Reply to this post

Response to Drake Notthesinger (Reply #3)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 07:56 AM

7. Day that will live in infamy

Reply to this post

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 07:48 AM

4. Yes, precisely. And also ...

the FBI closely scrutinized each and every one of her emails for something like a year, and came up with ... zilch. Also, the independent counsel's office, under Kenneth Starr, closely scrutinized the White Water real estate deal for five years or so, and came up with ... Monica Lewinsky. I'm just pointing out that this is a pattern. Not only do the Clintons' political enemies expect to discover their wrongdoing, but they expect the Clintons to supply the evidence. Neither the Russians nor the Republican leadership have noticed that these investigations come up empty of proof of wrongdoing. Or perhaps they have noticed that it's not necessary to prove anything against the Clintons, because the media will convict them of unspecified untrustworthiness by pretending for months and years that there is something there to investigate. (No smoke without fire!) But the accusation of wrongdoing is enough these days for a conviction in the court of public opinion. The Republicans understand that if the media cooperate, public figures can be accused of fictitious crimes and the result will be the same as if they had actually been convicted. The kangaroo court of the press.

Reply to this post

Response to planetc (Reply #4)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 07:53 AM

6. Well said

Reply to this post

Response to MaryMagdaline (Reply #6)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 08:02 AM

9. The bad news is that trump supporters believe this is evidence of the deep state.

In the same way we believe crimes were committed by Bush / Cheney and no one was brought to justice, trump supporters believe that the justice department is full of Hillary supporters who will rewrite the law to give Hillary a pass.

I did a quick google search and came up with an example title of an article I won't post here: "FBI Rewrites Federal Law to Let Hillary Off the Hook."

According to them, she's dirty but teflon because she has supporters deep in the departments of government.

Reply to this post

Response to rainin (Reply #9)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 08:10 AM

10. Very true

But there weren’t even any NEW allegations regarding taxes, mortgages, the Foundation, not one specific allegation. That’s a lot of financial activity and no shadiness. No one errant check. No self-dealing, no using the Foundation monies for personal use. Shoot, even I have to write a check to my own company ftom time to time reimbursing travel or meals that should have been personal, or a combination (usually firm owes me but occasionally goes the other way). Pretty clean bill of health for Hillary.

Reply to this post

Response to MaryMagdaline (Reply #10)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 08:15 AM

11. I know that and you know that. Once again, we are faced with the very serious consequences

of propaganda. We aren't fighting people who know facts. They live in a fictional reality that stirs them up and makes them feel shit on. Everyone is out to make their lives miserable.

Our millionaires and billionaires need to take on Rubert Murdoch, Rush Limbaugh and the right wing think tanks.

Reply to this post

Response to rainin (Reply #11)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 08:28 AM

12. We are also fighting people on our side who voted for her

But still maintain she was a “deeply corrupt” candidate. I just had a major falling out with a lefty voter. She voted the right way but defended family members who either didn’t vote or voted Trump, saying that they were conflicted by Hillary’s corruption. I would like our voters to get a grasp on how they’ve been poisoned by the constant drum beat of “Crooked Hillary.”

Reply to this post

Response to MaryMagdaline (Reply #12)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 08:42 AM

16. That's our biggest problem. That's what's taking down the country.

Reply to this post

Response to MaryMagdaline (Reply #12)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 08:43 AM

17. True. But, I think if we didn't have the far right media, then CNN, MSNBC, etc

would all be viewed as conservative, right wing media. CNN and MSNBC never supported Hillary. To hear progressive, liberal voices, you have to listen to podcasts or watch internet TV.

Corporations have historically supported republicans so that's where the media money goes. And media has a huge influence, even on "our side".

Change the media, change the conversation.

Reply to this post

Response to rainin (Reply #17)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 09:09 AM

20. It's not just the right wing media. Progressives are allowing themselves to be brainwashed too.

Reply to this post

Response to yardwork (Reply #20)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 09:29 AM

21. Timely that you make this point. I just heard the point made on Joy's show

that the russians (small r - no respect) believed trump would win. They had the infrastructure in place to insure that outcome. Part of the strategy (according to Joy's guest) to make the outcome believable was to convince Hillary supporters that Bernie supporters were against her even though that was largely untrue.

No one wants to believe he/she was duped by the russians, but I saw post after post, comment after comment on DU where Bernie supporters said they supported Bernie in the primary and Hillary in the general. Yet, so many here, continued to promote the division.

Even in the last week, I've seen to OPs saying how white people are racists. Not "x white person is a racist". White PEOPLE are racists. I know DU has it's share of provocateurs, but this upset me anyway.

We must be on guard of those who would divide.

Reply to this post

Response to yardwork (Reply #20)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 09:52 AM

22. We definitely are

Reply to this post

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 08:36 AM

13. Totally clean of actionable wrongdoing for 25 years,

which of course is why they had to create a special standard just for Hillary that no one could meet.

Reply to this post

Response to Hortensis (Reply #13)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 08:37 AM

14. Perfect

Reply to this post

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 08:40 AM

15. Decades of investigations on the Clintons yielded... Monica Lewinsky.

A decade of investigations on the Obamas yielded nothing.

As Democrats, we should be proud of our leadership. Instead, we are easily intimidated.

Reply to this post

Response to yardwork (Reply #15)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 08:53 AM

19. We really are. Just incredible

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread