HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Rep. Jefferies Blasts 'Ka...

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 06:52 PM

Rep. Jefferies Blasts 'Kangaroo Court' Strzok Hearing: Not Worthy of an Ace Ventura Investigation

Adding to mounting backlash from some lawmakers against criticism of Peter Strzok, Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY 8th District) railed against Thursday’s hearing about the former FBI agent’s work, saying it wasn’t even worth the an investigation by fictional pet detective Ace Ventura.

“This investigation is a joke. It’s a fraud,” Jeffries said. “This hearing is a kangaroo court. It is a three-ring circus. It is not even meritorious of an investigation by Ace Ventura pet detective, let alone 75 members of the United States Congress.”

Jeffries contended the hearing was nothing but a distraction tactic to divert attention from Special Counsel Robert Mueller‘s investigation into President Donald Trump‘s campaign, and possible collusion with Russia during the 2016 election.

“My colleagues in the cover up caucus don’t like that criminal investigation and, therefore, they need to identify a villain,” Jeffries said. “Mr. Strzok, tag, you’re it.”
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/rep-jefferies-blasts-kangaroo-court-strzok-hearing-not-even-worthy-of-an-ace-ventura-investigation/

BOOM!!!

3 replies, 440 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rep. Jefferies Blasts 'Kangaroo Court' Strzok Hearing: Not Worthy of an Ace Ventura Investigation (Original post)
Initech Jul 12 OP
DFW Jul 12 #1
mwooldri Jul 12 #2
tblue37 Jul 12 #3

Response to Initech (Original post)

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 06:56 PM

1. The gloves have come off

The Republicans seem a little taken aback that our congresspeople are finally giving back almost as many knuckle sandwiches as they have eaten.

GOOD!!!!!!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 07:04 PM

2. I wish I was Max, son of Fletcher Reede...

And I wish that all Republicans lose the ability to lie.

Sorry... Mentioning Ace Ventura reminded me of another character Jim Carrey played... The movie Liar Liar...

But yes it is a kangaroo court. Maybe the USA is a banana Republic?

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 07:10 PM

3. The cover-up caucus. That's a good one! nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread