HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Cynthia Nixon will also a...

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 11:28 AM

Cynthia Nixon will also appear on the NYS Gubernatorial ballot

on the WFP line, even if she loses the primary, and could take votes away from Andrew Cuomo in the General Election.

That's how it goes in New York State.

While I admired the tremendous effort Ocasio Cortez put into her stunning primary victory, she is wrong to accuse Joe Crowley of not respected the will of the voters. Joe Crowley congratulated her immediately after the primary.

He simply can't remove himself from the ballot as has been stated in numerous posts here.

I don't blame her for being concerned, because Crowley could conceivably win the General Election if voters in NY-14 select him on the WFP line over her on the Democratic line. The same could conceivably happen with Cynthia Nixon. Should either scenario happen, that too would be the will of the voters.

5 replies, 375 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cynthia Nixon will also appear on the NYS Gubernatorial ballot (Original post)
NY_20th Jul 2018 OP
PoindexterOglethorpe Jul 2018 #1
Cha Jul 2018 #2
NCTraveler Jul 2018 #3
NY_20th Jul 2018 #4
NCTraveler Jul 2018 #5

Response to NY_20th (Original post)

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 11:52 AM

2. KICK

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 11:54 AM

3. That's not much fun.

How can the "left" call Crowley a potentate and the like when you explain it like this. You have to be wrong.

Reply to this post

Response to NCTraveler (Reply #3)

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 12:27 PM

4. She needs to pick up the phone and call him.

She's not doing herself any favors here.

Crowley made a pledge in the debate that he would fully endorse her and work vigorously for her campaign if she won the primary. She refused to make the same pledge.

Democrats want more unity, not more divisiveness.

I like Ocasio Cortez, but the ball is in her court, and she needs to start working on unity.

Reply to this post

Response to NY_20th (Reply #4)

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 12:39 PM

5. She needs to move on.

That is clear.

She is not helping herself or her constituency at this point. I have a lot of faith in her. People with zero experience will often look like people with zero experience.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread