HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Impossible 'To Overestima...

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 05:11 PM

Impossible 'To Overestimate Just How Despised He Is': 50,000 in London Preparing to Protest Trump

Alastair Campbell, former spokesperson for Tony Blair, argued that it was impossible “to overestimate just how despised he is.”

“He might think it’s unfair… But I think people feel that America is special country and, therefore, the leadership in America should be something that British people can look up to and respect,” Campbell explained. “I’m afraid there is very little respect for him.”

“I suspect you will find that the protests will be big,” he added. “People will not want him to feel welcome at all. And I think that goes very, very far across the board.”

[link:https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/2018/07/impossible-to-overestimate-just-how-despised-he-is-50000-in-london-preparing-to-protest-trump/|

Heh. Indeed. We love America, in that British slightly sneering way we do so well. We hate your President. I am planning to 'work' from home on Friday, happily I live in the City of Westminster and so protest is not difficult. Really hoping to get a picture of the blimp in real time
Personally I think 50k is an underestimation of where the protest might end up, particularly if you add up all the people everywhere he goes that also demonstrate

11 replies, 783 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply Impossible 'To Overestimate Just How Despised He Is': 50,000 in London Preparing to Protest Trump (Original post)
Soph0571 Jul 2018 OP
The Velveteen Ocelot Jul 2018 #1
Soph0571 Jul 2018 #4
The Velveteen Ocelot Jul 2018 #7
Soph0571 Jul 2018 #9
Neema Jul 2018 #2
Soph0571 Jul 2018 #5
Neema Jul 2018 #11
FarPoint Jul 2018 #3
world wide wally Jul 2018 #6
smirkymonkey Jul 2018 #8
sinkingfeeling Jul 2018 #10

Response to Soph0571 (Original post)

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 05:15 PM

1. We thank you and all your countrymen for your protests!

It's impossible to overestimate just how despised he is among the majority of us who didn't vote for him. I hope he sees the baby balloon, which is brilliant.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to The Velveteen Ocelot (Reply #1)

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 05:24 PM

4. Your President is a malicious, invidious dark force that is fucking with the free West...

...including America's freedom. We recognise exactly WHAT he is and we cannot allow our government to do a Chamberlain. Appeasement of far right fuckers can never be allowed. Your president is a complete and utter tool. It is also very much recognised that the majority of Americans did not vote for the wanker. The recent American government warnings for Americans to keep a low profile as they might be in danger if they are in the UK when Trump visits is ridiculous.... we like (most) Americans. We despise the big orange fascist baby head.

Reply to this post

Response to Soph0571 (Reply #4)

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 05:43 PM

7. Could you please check with the Queen and see if she wants us back?

Reply to this post

Response to The Velveteen Ocelot (Reply #7)

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 05:48 PM

9. I did an article on this quite recently...

Just imagine if mad King George had given a few seats in the house to the colonies.... you currently would be a Canada or a New Zealand We would love to take you (as in progressives) back, but I fear that Trump might drop a Nuke on us.

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 05:23 PM

2. Believe me, we loathe him just as much over on this side of the Atlantic.

I'm sorry my British friends have to endure his stench. But thank you for protesting, it gives us all a glimmer of hope.

Reply to this post

Response to Neema (Reply #2)

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 05:35 PM

5. Right now we are being sucked into a right wing Brexit vortex of stupidity, but even then

when I listen to all BBC political tv and radio (and as a nerd I listen to all of it) even the most right, rather than far right, are not slow in coming forward in how much he is wanker. As too the left they are condemning brilliantly. No-one likes this fucker other than Farage and Piers Morgan.

An asteroid of awfulness:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/emily-thornberry-donald-trump-racist-us-president-labour-a8158281.html

Click for the soundbite

Reply to this post

Response to Soph0571 (Reply #5)

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 11:31 PM

11. That's brilliant

Asteroid of awfulness...perfect.

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 05:24 PM

3. I am grateful for their support...

I hope there are actually millions!

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 05:35 PM

6. Let all of us toast the demise of the marmalade Mussolini

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 05:48 PM

8. Millions of us will be with you in spirit!

Humiliate and shame him as only the Brits know how to do.

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 06:05 PM

10. I despise him more each day.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread