HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "High Crimes and Misdemea...

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 01:27 PM

"High Crimes and Misdemeanors"

Does the NY-AG case or the emoluments case fall into this category? Just curious...

3 replies, 532 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" (Original post)
angrychair Jun 14 OP
MineralMan Jun 14 #1
NightWatcher Jun 14 #2
duforsure Jun 14 #3

Response to angrychair (Original post)

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 01:30 PM

1. Since the emoluments clause is in the Constitution,

yes, it would qualify as a high crime or misdemeanor. Very few laws are in the Constitution. Since we are a Constitutional Republic, violation of clauses in that document are very serious. The President and all civil officials swear to enforce and defend the Constitution. Violations of the emoluments clause by any federal official is a serious, serious thing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 01:32 PM

2. Either way, its looking more and more like a high NUMBER OF crimes and misdemeanors

I want the orange asshole to do federal and or state time. I hope the next president (Kamala Harris) does not pardon him for the good of the country a la Ford and Nixon. I do wonder if trump has seriously thought about bailing yet, so that Pence could try to pardon him for as much as possible.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 02:48 PM

3. Buy paper stocks,

They'll be a lot of paper used writing all the stuff down they're criminally involved in. Their list will very , very long i predict.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread